Thread: 420 Double from Cuban Crafters?

Default 420 Double from Cuban Crafters?

Has anyone here tried these cigars?

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/361

My dad had a box of them and he gave me a couple saying that he liked them alot. The first one I tried to smoke had such a hard draw that I put it out after only an ince or two. I decided to try the other one after my dad said I probably just got a bad one and it was almost just as bad of a draw. Also the cigar tasted almost like I was smoking cardboard, no flavor at all.

I'm really confused, I don't know if it just me or what. But all of the reviews on Cuban Crafters say that this is an excellent smoke.

-Dan
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I have never smoked a Cuban Crafters smoke, must most people say they are mediocre at best. I would personally stay away from these because it seems like the name is kind of strange, almost gimmicky....

Of course on their site the smokes that they sell are going to have favorable reviews.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

I assumed that the reviews on their own site were probably biased, but my dad likes them so I want to see if anyone else has tried them and what they thought of them.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I've smoked 5 different cigar brands from Cuban Crafters. 3 came from the purchase of my humidor and 2 was given to me for free from a B&M owner. Didn't like 4 of 5 of them. The only one I enjoyed was the Arturo Fuente Toro. It's mostly a mild smoke, some may call it a good yard-gar.

The only cigar brand that has been given rave reviews by CS members is the Don Kiki Brown Label. I have yet to try it, but from what I hear, it's GOOD.

Andrew

The DK are a nice bundle stick. The reds are yummy.

Green - Mild
    Red - Med
    Brown - Full
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

The DK are a nice bundle stick.
    i bought a box of the brown botellas for 36 and they are fantastic, if you're looking for a cheap full bodied smoke go for these, i burn them in about 45 mins or so

Yeah, I agree. The browns are fantastic...really chocolaty and nice. I, too, received a bundle each of the greens & reds with a humidor purchase. I was originally put-off, but even just a few weeks of rest really helped the flavor. The humidor is fantastic, but I only buy the brown labels now.

I haven't had the 420's.

The C.E. Beck's sampler was my worst purchase ever. They taste like butter doused in ciggarette ashes. I said something to this effect in a review on their site. They, of course, didn't post it.

Sean

DK browns are a winner for me too.

Thread Information