Thread: A question I'd like to ask about using coolers

Default A question I'd like to ask about using coolers

Years back I went out and bought a large cooler to make a "coolerdor".

After opening it up and sticking my head inside (it was still attached to my neck guys!) I noticed a very strong plastic odor. The brand was Igloo, it was VERY big.

I was concerned about the plastic odor transferring to my cigars and returned it and opted for another route.

Have any of you guys using coolers encountered any odor transferrence problems?

Blog Entries

No .

Wash and Rinse it out really well then let it sit out in the sun for a day. It should help get rid of the odor problem if it concerns you.

I wouldn't be worried at all if I was keeping them in boxs.... If they are singles I would rather keep them in a spanish cedar lined humidor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    I wouldn't be worried at all if I was keeping them in boxs.... If they are singles I would rather keep them in a spanish cedar lined humidor
    Keep singles in a wooden cigar box. I think lining a cooler with Spanish cedar is a waste of time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Keep singles in a wooden cigar box. I think lining a cooler with Spanish cedar is a waste of time and money.

that's not what he meant. he just meant keep your singles in your regular humidor, and boxes in a coolerdor....

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    that's not what he meant. he just meant keep your singles in your regular humidor, and boxes in a coolerdor....

I think what CC meant was that some people waste time and money lining their coolidor's with spanish cedar (which is not that awfully cheap). It's better just to keep cigars (even loose ones) in wooden cedar cigar boxes. I keep all kinds of cigars in my coolidor, all stored in the boxes I pick up at my local shop. It's cheaper and it works just fine (no plastic cooler smell transfer). Actually, after a few days the inside of the cooler smells like cedar!!!

Thread Information