Thread: New humidor cedar smell question

Default New humidor cedar smell question

hey guys finally got my first real humidor... been using a tupperdor for the past year and a half.

It looks nice, but it seems to smell of cedar a lot more strongly then I expected, this is my first real humidor so I'm not sure if this is normal. I thought the cedar smell was supposed to be very faint.

the humidors description says its spanish cedar.

maybe I need to leave it open to air out for a few days?

heres a link to the description
    http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/260

heres the pic from the website.
    -=JStrider=-
    ~a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. -- Rudyard Kipling

~Clatto Verata Nicto

It will reduce over time, and will get covered up by the smell of the cigars but it will always be there.

thanks, I was just expecting more of a muted, almost not there cedar smell.

I'll go ahead and prep it and load up my cigars
    -=JStrider=-

~Clatto Verata Nicto

I have one from them too and it is a great humidor. mine is the 120 cigar unit and sofar I love it. The smell dose leave in a short time . I like the smell but it dose pass quickly

I just got that humi also, I had already filled up my 50 count (yeah right) humi. I really like it so far.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Of all the humis I've owned, only one had what I would call, an overpowering cedar smell to it, so much that I questioned if it was the real deal. I put some bundled cigars in there and I gotta say that the smell married with the smokes, it wasnt pretty. After that I emptied the humi and let it air out for a few weeks, until the odor died down. It works great now!

If the smell is what you think is overpowering, I recommend letting it air out for a few weeks first. Just my $.02.

-Goody

I've been letting it sit with a sponge in it to get it all ready for my cigars and the cedar smell has already faded some, probably had just built up from being closed for so long.

cant wait to get it seasoned and loaded up.
    -=JStrider=-

~Clatto Verata Nicto

I love the smell of spanish cedar. I would line my whole house in it if I could get away with it.

Thread Information