Thread: A while to aquire, short to lose.

Default A while to aquire, short to lose.

Smoked the first cigar in probably six months or better, realized that palette has desensitized and it’s much like when I first started smoking cigars several years ago. Somewhat disappointing, I miss being able to discern between flavors and aromas and textures of the different attributes that go into a cigar- but it seems this has gone away. Just wandering if anyone else has experienced this, or if anyone else here has put them down for more then a few minutes ;).

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber View Post
    Smoked the first cigar in probably six months or better, realized that palette has desensitized and it’s much like when I first started smoking cigars several years ago. Somewhat disappointing, I miss being able to discern between flavors and aromas and textures of the different attributes that go into a cigar- but it seems this has gone away. Just wandering if anyone else has experienced this, or if anyone else here has put them down for more then a few minutes ;).
    So is that to say that there is still hope for me. When I smoke, I sense different flavors and aromas. I just haven't a clue what they are. Is there some sort of coach out there like aroma therapy products?>
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

I feel the same way. I was beginning to get flavors and stuff out of some nice sticks, however with the cold weather i really have to go bowling or shoot pool to smoke, which I haven't been lately. On top of that I don't smoke around my girlfriend (She doesn't care that I do, I just Choose not to).

I had a Cigar earlier this week, and it had been over a week since I had had one before that, and my mouth already started going back to nothingness. I decided I either need to smoke one or two a week, or else wait until spring so I can get my tastebuds in good shape so I can actually enjoy the smoke. And at this point it looks like I am waiting for warmer weather, since the bowling alley never has any open lanes.

however with the cold weather i really have to go bowling or shoot pool to smoke, which I haven't been lately

you can buy a nice space heater from walmart for 20 bucks, hook that up in your garage in a corner and it will heat up very nicely, it makes it much more bearable smoking in freezing weather

the only problem with this would be if your parents don't want the stale smoky smell that's left days afterward

Quote Originally Posted by boomshay View Post
    you can buy a nice space heater from walmart for 20 bucks, hook that up in your garage in a corner and it will heat up very nicely, it makes it much more bearable smoking in freezing weather

the only problem with this would be if your parents don't want the stale smoky smell that's left days afterward
    That and they don't know I smoke in the first place.

Looks like theres some young ones on the forum now.

Nice to hear from ya Silent Chamber!!!
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

hows it going Roham?

Good. And my sense of taste is OK too
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Thread Information