Thread: Smoking in the cold

Smile Smoking in the cold

Went out at 7:30 to smoke a Punch Gran Puro. 11 degrees when I went out, 14 when I came back in. Great cigar and great morning. Thank god for the fire pit.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

2. Default

Yep I like smoking in the cold too. Just remember ,NO Cameroon cigars in the cold they will shed their wrapper and be a mess
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

I like to smoke and walk with a nice cup of hot tea while it's cold.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the heads up K. Does anybody know why that is?
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

I don't smoke many Cameroons, but now I'm curious also. Kev, you know why?

Cam wrappers are very thin and delicate. I have a hard time with them under normal circumstances
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

I feel for ya and I guess I will be back in the cold in about 12 hours but....

Right now I'm sitting on the balcony of the hotel room in Cancun smoking a Party short... with a cup of coffee :)

Sorry just had to share!

Cool

19 out and just finished an RYJ #2 en cedros.

Don't feel for me. Wait till you have to get reacclimated.
    ~ Mark Twain

Do you guys wear smoking gloves? I hate having to switch hands so one can go into the jacket sleeve while the other holds the cigar. Never thought of wearing gloves before though...I'm guessing some nice leather gloves would work well.

10. Smile

No gloves unless, I'm working outside.
    ~ Mark Twain

yeah, the cold weather smoking has been killing me. I've been meaning to buy a pair of thin gloves, all I have is the huge klunky ones which don't work for smoking at all.

I've been giving my knit hats and thermal a lot of use recently.

Man you guys are tough. I don't know if could do that. Especially my hands. They get cold really easy.
    My lifesaver:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

13. Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sprangalang View Post
    Man you guys are tough. I don't know if could do that. Especially my hands. They get cold really easy.
    My lifesaver:
    You need that on the shores of Lake Michigan. How's the ice-fishing? No ice here. Really sucks!!!!!
    ~ Mark Twain

Our ice is thin. It only just got winter-like last week, after a long warm stint.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    You need that on the shores of Lake Michigan. How's the ice-fishing? No ice here. Really sucks!!!!!

I had a rough time when I had to smoke outside in Iowa a couple weeks ago when it was hovering in the low 30s... the temp wasn't bad it was the gusty 15-20mph wind.

Luckily my Aunt got trumped by her husband and I was allowed to smoke in the garage.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Thread Information