Thread: couple of questions, mold

Question couple of questions, mold

hey there,

How common is it for mold to grow inside the humidifier? Is there anything that can be done to stop it? I'm not even sure if it's mold but I have a bunch of lil white spots on the humidifier. Also, why is it so damn hard to refill my lighter? Is there some secret handshake I must first perform with my lighter? Don't you just apply the butane to it and press? Thanks

Cyra where are you from? Noticed your old post said something about VA Tobacco Co. Was wondering if you were local.

Anyways, it's not common for mold to appear in your humidifier IF you use a 50/50 solution and distilled water to fill it. If you use regular tap water, there are impurities in there that will dry up and turn into your so called "white spots".

Are you refilling a butane lighter or a regular lighter?

Andrew

It's common on the sponge type humi if you don't use distilled water, or didn't at some point and/or for a bunch of other reasons. You can take it out and buy a new one, switch to bead (good idea) or clean it with a diluted bleach solution, rinse well, rinse well again with distilled water and let it dry completely.

Problem with mold is the spores. They are in the humi now so you will need to be very careful not to allow the humidity and temp to rise to high or you could get it growing elsewhere. By elsewhere I mean your cigars.

As for the lighter. you need to hop around on one foot while you shake the butane can in one hand and rub the lighter against your stomach with your other. Otherwise you'll never get fuel in it.

Or make sure you are matching up the correct size butane nozzle with your lighter. My cigar lighter uses the naked butane spout but I bought my dad this fancy ass pipe lighter that needed an adapter.

Try a search with the terms "bleed" and "lighter". Remember "Search is your friend"
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe View Post
    Try a search with the terms "bleed" and "lighter". Remember "Search is your friend"
    Exactly... Bleed for the lighter, and to prevent humidifier mold in the future get the beads or their equivalent!

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    snip
    As for the lighter. you need to hop around on one foot while you shake the butane can in one hand and rub the lighter against your stomach with your other. Otherwise you'll never get fuel in it.
    snip
    Finally, now maybe my lighter will fill.......clockwise, counter-clockwise, or side to side on the rubbing part? (damn I'm open for some shots here)

I have also found that certain types of butane are better than others, I use Vector (filtered 5+ times.) I have found that Calibri butane doesn't seem to work worth a damn.

420seth Guest

yeah man, mold is bad! change up your Humi.

Wheres the best place to buy beads?

Quote Originally Posted by ACE21 View Post
    they can be purchased at heartfeltindustries.com or cigarmony.com

i've made several purchases from heartfelt, and have had nothing but positive things to say. I use the 65% beads. You can just use panty hose to keep them in. Check out their FAQ to see how much beads you will need.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE21 View Post

Well there are a couple places to get beads and their equivalent. Mark from Cigarmony.com has his device and then there is also heartfeltindustries.com.

Most of the lads on this board use one or the other.

-W.

12. Default

wait a sec how old are these cigars? if they are older let me know and ill have the perfect explanation to ur mold problem
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...3919#post73919 ---Intro, just in case you missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by laxmad16 View Post
    wait a sec how old are these cigars? if they are older let me know and ill have the perfect explanation to ur mold problem
    It's not plume or bloom. It is on his humidifier.

-W.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    It's not plume or bloom. It is on his humidifier.

-W.
    darn! cant help u then sorry
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...3919#post73919 ---Intro, just in case you missed it.

Thread Information