Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intro

Default Intro

First posting here.

My friend Roham mentioned that I should have a look around on this site as I have been slowly getting into the smoking and enjoyment of said Cigars.

After reading a few of the posts I should mention a few things that seem to be among the most asked questions: I don't know what I like as I have only smoked a few so far, but I was still having a good time. My bud Roham has had me over to his house a couple times for a scotch and stogie so it is mostly from those that I have been able to begin my long walk. My name is not chugg.

I'd like to see if anyone has ideas or mabey photo's of a smoking room in thier house as I am in Calgary and it can be a bit chilly here from time to time. Mostly looking for ideas on ventilation and such.

Well that should be nuff said for now.

welcome to the board!

i live in iowa so its quite chilly here as well, my smoking area is my screened in porch. i put a little space heater right next to my chair and it makes it much easier to smoke than if i would be sitting in just the freezing temperatures. If you don't have a screened porch, a garage would also work well.... or of course inside the house, but my parents wouldn't be too happy about that

enjoy your stay here

Welcome from Calgary. I believe that Shelby07 reviewed and liked an air purifier a couple months back.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

I must admit I had not thought about a purifier so thats a good thought. Since I own the house and only have to worry about the GF I shall do my best to avoid smokeing in the garage....I was looking forsome thing like a powered vent leading outdoors. Something like a dryer vent using a bathroom fan. I shall have to exam some to look for quite motors and such, but with luck someone might have already posted thier design...

Welcome from Cal.

I live in a warm climate, and just open a sliding glass door or window if it gets too smokey inside.
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Welcome from Cal.

I live in a warm climate, and just open a sliding glass door or window if it gets too smokey inside.
    Oh sure, just rub it in why don't ya.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Blog Entries

Welcome from the Lone Star State.

Blog Entries

Welcome from Kansas.

Hi from snow cloaked DC.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

welcome from snow cloaked new jersey.

Welcome from Georgia, where 40 degree weather is considered cold.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Welcome from CT.

Welcome from ice-covered VA.

Welcome from MS.

I have no suggestions for you because I am a man and I smoke where I want ... when I want.

GRRRRR
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Welcome from the balmy shores of Lake Michigan.
    Try in front of the fireplace. A small fire helps the draft.

Welcome from MS.

Welcome from Snow Covered Maryland

Welcome from your old bud Ro!

Some background for everyone, I've known him since High School, he is one of my best friends! Nice to see you posting already!
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Here is a smoking room thread I remember reading awhile back:

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...t=smoking+room

If you need a Cigar store Indian:

And here is the air purifier review:

"smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Welcome
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Thread Information