Thread: Spanish Cedar

Default Spanish Cedar

i think some of you were wondering where you could get spanish cedar to line humidors. I found a Place on line with what seems to be good prices. I just put in an order for 30 sf. Let you know when I get it how it is. I got 1/4" stuff just for lining stuff I want to make a humidor. I belive it is like the stuff Chef has in his trunkidor. If you order any I would make sure you get the "Straight line one edge" option so you can square it up on a tablesaw unless yo have a jointer.

spanish cedar

WOW! That's pretty high! Calculating on the board foot price, it's between $16-17. I paid $4.29 per board foot for spanish cedar when I built my walk-in. Until now, the most I had ever seen it was $8 per board foot. Of course what I bought was rough cut and an inch thick, but I planed it and ripped it in half to double my coverage. I did about 130 square feet at 7/16" thick for about $280. Had I ripped it to 1/4" I could have done about 250 square feet.
    Last edited by Goody; 01-30-2007 at 12:25 AM.

Damn that's a good price! This is the best price I could find all ready to the size I wanted. Could of re-sawed biggir stuff if I had the tools

Comb, click your link again, they're selling it for 4.99 a sq. ft. now.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I got it for the $4.24 price. 30 sf was like $160 with shipping

Big difference between $4.29 per board foot and $4.24 per square foot.

30 square feet of 1/4 cedar is equal to 7.5 board feet. At my local lumber yard that would run me about $30. But you have to have the tools to plane/jointer and resaw to 1/4".

Quote Originally Posted by Goody View Post
    But you have to have the tools to plane/jointer and resaw to 1/4".

Should be getting that stuff soon.
    A friend and I are setting up a wood shop in his garage, his garage is as big as my house

Received this yet? Any feedback

bigsmoke Guest

Sounds to me like you are going to learn a thing or two and have some fun along the way. I wish you the best of luck with your project.

Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    Received this yet? Any feedback

Yea I got it. It was good stuff. All was 7-7.5 inches wide by 8 foot long with one side jointed. It worked out for what I wanted it for. Here's what I used it on if you haven't seen http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t7224-trunkador-part-2.html

If I ever needed to buy more I would buy it form them again

Thread Information