Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: After Lurking for a couple of days it's time I said hello.

Red face After Lurking for a couple of days it's time I said hello.

Hey all,

Like I said above, I've been lurking for a few days getting a feel for the forum. You all seem like a decent bunch so I figured it was time to throw my lot in with you.

I've been smoking cigars occasionally for the last year and a half or so but have recently started smoking quite a few more. I'm up to one or two a week, from one or two a month.

I've found that I enjoy a good maduro and CAO's MX2 is one of my personal favorites that I've smoked so far. I'm at a point where I've placed a bid on a humidor from ebay, I've made a few phone calls about getting a box of MX2's to load it with as well as a few singles to try out. The only problem that I'm having is the damned Canadian Tobacco Act.

If only I wasn't forced to pay two or three times what I should if I was to order online

I'm open to any recommendations or advice that anyone has, thanks.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

2. Default

hey welcome from pennsylvania. ALWAYS GO BIGGER when it comes to humi's instead of getting a 75 or 100 stick humi go with somthing more like 150-250 stick humi. trust me!!

pm me about buying a box
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...3919#post73919 ---Intro, just in case you missed it.

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

Quote Originally Posted by laxmad16 View Post
    hey welcome from pennsylvania. ALWAYS GO BIGGER when it comes to humi's instead of getting a 75 or 100 stick humi go with somthing more like 150-250 stick humi. trust me!!

pm me about buying a box
    You have 27 posts to your name and something like 27 days as a member on these forums and your telling ANOTHER new guy to PM you about buying a box........... Pardon me if I find that a little funny.

Quote Originally Posted by dHUTCH View Post
    You have 27 posts to your name and something like 27 days as a member on these forums and your telling ANOTHER new guy to PM you about buying a box........... Pardon me if I find that a little funny.
    Yeah, agreed. If you are looking for a box, try cubancrafters.com or cheaphumidors.com. I believe they both offer reasonable shipping to Canada.

Welcome from Calgayry.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Blog Entries

Welcome to CSmokers from the Lone Star States (TEXAS!)

I think there might be a guide around here about setting up a humi if you are looking for some help...I'm sure someone can link it.

Blog Entries

Welcome from MT!

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post

I think there might be a guide around here about setting up a humi if you are looking for some help...I'm sure someone can link it.
    There is a guide, here. I've gone over it already in anticipation of getting my humi.

I'm thinking a 100ct should be fine for me, I anticipate it taking a little while to fill it, especially with the prices here in Canada. Unless I can make a trip to the US and pick up a box or two.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Welcome from CT.

I think this is the one.

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t3814-th...a-humidor.html

Welcome from GA
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

welcome

Welcome Corvin..... any questions be sure to ask

Quote Originally Posted by laxmad16 View Post

pm me about buying a box
    LMAO..... this is funny
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Welcome from Maryland

That's funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Corvin View Post
    There is a guide, here. I've gone over it already in anticipation of getting my humi.

I'm thinking a 100ct should be fine for me, I anticipate it taking a little while to fill it, especially with the prices here in Canada. Unless I can make a trip to the US and pick up a box or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    You guys are killing me.

Welcome to the board Corvin. Buy a cooler and hang around.

Welcome from MS. Buy a cooler, some beads, and head to the Newbie Sampler Thread.

welcome.

Welcome fron Sc.cubancrafters.com is a great place to buy from and overstock.com carries the cubancrafters humidors too

welcome from iowa

as chef said, the newb sampler thread will get you a good package of singles to try out for a great price.

Welcome from Whitby.

Welcome from Michigan formerally of Burlington Ontario

Thread Information