Thread: R.I.P.barbaro

bigpoppapuff Guest

Default R.I.P.barbaro

euthanized this morning....a sad story...

Blog Entries

That's weird that you posted this BPP. I had just read that they tried yet another surgery on this horse and all I could think was, "Isn't this enough suffering?" I actually was about to start a thread and ask what people thought about the ordeal and POOF, it's a moot point.

To bad, good horse.

Whew boy. Man what a story - tough ending.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes View Post
    That's weird that you posted this BPP. I had just read that they tried yet another surgery on this horse and all I could think was, "Isn't this enough suffering?" I actually was about to start a thread and ask what people thought about the ordeal and POOF, it's a moot point.
    I agree....when is enough, enough? As hard as it is to say goodbye, sometimes it has to be done.

that horse's semen was worth more than my whole assets + my future assets+ j-lo's ass and my transformer collection combined.

I hate to admit it...but on any given night in college I was trying to give it aw.....shut yo mouth
    Colts 2007 Superbowl Champs
    all those in denial.......

bigpoppapuff Guest

mares can NOT be artificially inseminated in the USA...and barbaro would not have been able to mount......

he could not have been a stud...

now is that just mares for racing?

also what about outside the states?

bigpoppapuff Guest

out of the USA,perhaps...i don't know for sure.....but it is my understanding that no horse could race in the USA......his owners had sizeable insurance to protect themselves if he coudn't breed...

Wow I didn't know this. Is this a thoroughbred rule? I've actually watched the collection process, but it was a quarterhorse and I don't remember if it was racing, cutting or what but I think it was a racehorse.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

was this jack ass 2? because that was just disgusting.
    Colts 2007 Superbowl Champs
    all those in denial.......

bigpoppapuff Guest

barbaro was three last year.....turned four at the beginning of the year.....

Quote Originally Posted by indysmoker View Post
    was this jack ass 2? because that was just disgusting.
    lol. If you're talking about equine semen collection, then no, not on jackass. It's an interesting process and is done with many species of animals. I've actually palpated and AI'ed cattle. Result of growing up in agriculture.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    barbaro was three last year.....turned four at the beginning of the year.....
    So, is the breeding rule age-dictated?
    - Tom Robbins

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    mares can NOT be artificially inseminated in the USA...and barbaro would not have been able to mount......

he could not have been a stud...
    Has to do with registration with the jockey club, go here: http://www.jockeyclub.com/registry.asp?section=3#one

says specifically that to be eligible for registration must be natural.....stallion must mount the broodmare, etc.......
    Last edited by ashauler; 01-30-2007 at 03:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Has to do with registration with the jockey club, go here: http://www.jockeyclub.com/registry.asp?section=3#one

says specifically that to be eligible for registration must be natural.....stallion must mount the broodmare, etc.......
    Ok, which brings me back to the un-answered 1st question: Is this for Thoroughbreds only? And it is, apparently - this site refers to t'breds and not 1/4 horses. Thanks for link - interesting.
    - Tom Robbins

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Ok, which brings me back to the un-answered 1st question: Is this for Thoroughbreds only? And it is, apparently - this site refers to t'breds and not 1/4 horses. Thanks for link - interesting.
    Your Welcome. From what I have read on their site, it is specific to t-breds and t-breds only and is used to verify pedigrees. They maintain the American Stud Book that lists all t-breds foaled in US, Canada, and Puerto Rico....but also lists imported horses if they are from a country that has a registry that is approved by the jockey club.

Thread Information