Thread: I think I'm in trouble...

Default I think I'm in trouble...

Went to a b-day party for my bud Ricky's daughter yesterday. She turned 2. So I brought a couple of 8-5-8's I've had laying around since '05 for me and Rick, which we enjoyed while manning the grill and looking busy. So I go back inside for a moment, and my wife is playing with the birthday girl (she loves her "aunt") and she looks up at me and says the one thing I wasn't expecting right that moment.

"I want one."

All I could really come up with was "Sounds good to me." What the hell else do you say to that? So nothing else was said beyind that, until this morning, when she tells me she's made an appointment with her doctor this week.

I think I'm in trouble.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

At first, I thought you meant the little girl wanted a cigar, then I thought it was your wife who wanted it, then I realized your wife wanted a kid.

A kid? My girl wants three.

3. Default

For a second I thought you meant the little girl wanted as cigar as well. Well I think it's safe to say that you were going to have one eventually. I guess you've just got to bite the bullet on this one.

Blog Entries

One positive, it's not too often you get one on the first try, so enjoy the practice!

did you give the kid a cigar anyways?
    if your wife ends up pregnant, that would be the perfect opportunity.

If you were seriously opposed, you would have said something about it between yesterday and this morning. Deep down inside you want one too. It is a huge change and that is where the doubts are. You are in your mid-twenties which is the perfect time to have a little one. The child (or children) will be grown up while you still have some life left in you. Don't look back now and best of luck to you both!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

It's a big decision, so think it through well, discuss it with her, be honest, and hopefully things will work out wonderfully as you both move ahead!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Yeah, sorry about the convoluted story.

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes View Post
    One positive, it's not too often you get one on the first try, so enjoy the practice!
    Well, technically this is the second try, as she miscarried last year about a week after we found out she was pregnant. We had only had the week to get our heads around the concept of being parents, and we didn't discuss it much as we were both dissapointed that it turned out that way.

So I've been through the "OMG I'm gonna be a Dad" crisis, but the "OMG we're gonna TRY to have a baby" situation is a new one on me. I'm excited, but a wee bit scared.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    You are in your mid-twenties which is the perfect time to have a little one. The child (or children) will be grown up while you still have some life left in you.
    Exactly my thoughts. I was an only child (mom was 21, dad was 25), but my ex-wife has a little brother that was born when her stepdad was in his late 50's. I have no urge to attend high school graduation sporting a walker (if I were to live that long, as my ex-stepfather-in-law just had a quad bypass, and his son is 8)

Perfect timing, life-wise, but it wasn't exactly what I was expecting her to say when I walked in there yesterday. I'm all-in on this one.

I took my Grandfathers advice ,not to get in a hurry about getting married til I was 30,
    Best thing I ever did.g\Got hitch at 30 and a papa at 32 ..
    Got two great kids and I had the time and maturity to give them

At least there will be plenty of good smokes when that kid is born!

Andrew

Thread Information