Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What I think this board needs is ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    I'm not into youtube and I won't go look at the video. How exactly is the term being used?
    LOL!!

Then you concur with me that youtube is NOT "mainstream part of the internet experience" as shelby seems to think.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

http://www.comscore.com/press/release.asp?press=982

"comScore services are used by global leaders such as AOL, Microsoft, Yahoo!, Verizon, Best Buy, The Newspaper Association of America, Tribune Interactive, ESPN, Fox Sports, Nestlé, MBNA, Universal McCann, the United States Postal Service, Merck and Expedia."

3. Question

What about dem der doz bambi?
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    http://www.comscore.com/press/release.asp?press=982

"comScore services are used by global leaders such as AOL, Microsoft, Yahoo!, Verizon, Best Buy, The Newspaper Association of America, Tribune Interactive, ESPN, Fox Sports, Nestlé, MBNA, Universal McCann, the United States Postal Service, Merck and Expedia."
    Yep, there's your proof, you saw it on the internet so it's GOTTA be true......

WTF is "comscore" anyway?

shelby why do you refuse to answer the question regarding whether or not the hate video that sid posted is appropriate or not? Do you really think there was nothing wrong with that?
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 03-26-2007 at 10:47 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

ComScore is to the internet what Nielson is to Television. It is one of the largest Internet usage tracking companies in the world. A partial list of clients are

AOL
    Best Buy
    Borders
    CareerBuilder.com
    Clear Channel Communications
    Columbia House
    Digitas
    Discover Financial Services
    Eli Lilly and Company
    Expedia
    ESPN
    Ford Motor Company
    General Mills
    Google
    HP Home & Home Office Store
    Hyatt Corporation
    Interpublic Group
    iVillage
    Johnson and Johnson
    Knight Ridder Digital
    Mattel
    Medscape (Web MD)
    Mercado Libre
    Microsoft
    Monster Worldwide
    NASDAQ
    NAVTEQ
    Nestlé USA
    The Newspaper Association of America
    New York Times Digital
    Office Depot
    OMD Digital
    Orbitz
    Pepsi
    Procter and Gamble
    Starcom IP
    Terra Networks
    Ticketmaster, LLC
    T-Mobile
    Tribune Interactive
    Verizon
    Viacom International
    Washington Mutual
    Yahoo!

If you really care to know more about them there is a wealth of information available about the company on the internet..

Blog Entries

shelby why do you continue to avoid answering simple questions?

Do you think the hate video that sid posted appropriate for this site?

Your continued refusal to answer that question can only lead us to conclude that you condone sid's posting of that highly offensive video which quite frankly doesn't surprise me.........
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

I think youtube stuff in general is fine.

But that video posted by bpp is inappropriate due to its hate-speech content.

I see it as no different than that rant theycallmemanix went on.

This policy was spawned from that rant.

Note religion and sexuality are specifically mentioned in that policy.
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 03-27-2007 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post

Your continued refusal to answer that question can only lead us to conclude that you condone sid's posting of that highly offensive video which quite frankly doesn't surprise me.........
    Well, I figured you'd come to your own conclusion sooner or later even though I have never said a word about the video (guess that makes me 2 for 2 in this thread.) I didn't answer you because I chose not to, just like you chose to not post personal information in your profile. I also chose not to answer you because Hex has asked all of us to avoid conflicts like this. Once again you are showing your arrogance and complete disregard for the Hex's request. I guess you really feel that his is your board and you're gonna decide what get's discussed and what does and doesn't get posted in this forum.

What I choose to discuss and not discuss should be my own personal choice, and I should be allowed to make it without being stalked by someone trying to suck me into an argument I am trying to avoid. I am, however, surprised that it took so long for you to post your conclusion. But I'm not too surprised that you came to it without any input from me or any other evidence other than your own convoluted logic. How in the world can I ever disagree with your iron-clad logic? After all, you have already concluded in the past I'm an asshole, a bigot, a whiner, a liar (BTW: How are things up there in Canada) and a few other derogatory labels that I can't quite recall. I sure am glad that you feel so strongly about not using the word "faggot." It's good to know that you draw the line somewhere.

So once again, Bill, I thank you for taking such personal interest in my social development. I am sure I am a better person for it. It's amazing how history keeps repeating itself.

By the way, your conclusion is dead wrong. I've already given you a hint as to what I feel the maker of that video is attempting to do. Let's see if you're smart enough to figure it out.

It also amazes me that most of you reading this were probably not even born when this next video was made!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYeHX...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgP1ph_6zhk&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oSx9PeVEII&NR
    Last edited by Shelby07; 03-27-2007 at 03:26 PM.

CC - I think you have your answer - he doesn't want to answer. That's his choice.

It is what it is - nothing more, nothing less. The video is hate filled - and why anyone for any reason would think to post it on this board is beyond my comprehension. Maybe Shelby agrees with that - I don't know. But constantly asking him to answer your question is not going to bring an immediate response - obviously...

...anymore than asking sid to make an apology for posting it. He obviously feels some internal desire to get that particular message out to Chris in a very public way. I don't see the joke in it - maybe some do - but I think all would agree it is a very sick joke. sid has to live with his decision to post it - it is what it is.

Now - back to naked women and free cigars for everyone!!!

Sorry, Shelby. Started writing my response a while ago and got called away... I really wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Sorry, Shelby. Started writing my response a while ago and got called away... I really wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.
    Not a problem GG -- Thanks for supporting my decision not to discuss this matter.

Blog Entries

Well, I figured you'd come to your own conclusion sooner or later even though I have never said a word about the video (guess that makes me 2 for 2 in this thread.) I didn't answer you because I chose not to, just like you chose to not post personal information in your profile. I also chose not to answer you because Hex has asked all of us to avoid conflicts like this. Once again you are showing your arrogance and complete disregard for the Hex's request. I guess you really feel that his is your board and you're gonna decide what get's discussed and what does and doesn't get posted in this forum.

What I choose to discuss and not discuss should be my own personal choice, and I should be allowed to make it without being stalked by someone trying to suck me into an argument I am trying to avoid. I am, however, surprised that it took so long for you to post your conclusion. But I'm not too surprised that you came to it without any input from me or any other evidence other than your own convoluted logic. How in the world can I ever disagree with your iron-clad logic? After all, you have already concluded in the past I'm an asshole, a bigot, a whiner, a liar (BTW: How are things up there in Canada) and a few other derogatory labels that I can't quite recall. I sure am glad that you feel so strongly about not using the word "faggot." It's good to know that you draw the line somewhere.

So once again, Bill, I thank you for taking such personal interest in my social development. I am sure I am a better person for it. It's amazing how history keeps repeating itself.

By the way, your conclusion is dead wrong. I've already given you a hint as to what I feel the maker of that video is attempting to do. Let's see if you're smart enough to figure it out.

It also amazes me that most of you reading this were probably not even born when this next video was made!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYeHX...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgP1ph_6zhk&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oSx9PeVEII&NR

You irrational logic, ignorance and shear stupidity never cease to amaze me.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

You irrational logic, ignorance and shear stupidity never cease to amaze me.
    ...and you never cease to disappoint me.

The Fab Faux performed on Stern today. Pretty damn good. They did "a day in the life", "while my guitar gently weeps" and another one i missed. They all play multiple instruments and sound awesome. I think they have a HOB show coming up where they do the whole White Album. Suprised to find myself enjoying a "coverband."
    Last edited by pub spears; 03-28-2007 at 05:20 PM. Reason: illiterate

Blog Entries

...and you never cease to disappoint me.
    And you only keep making it worse for yourself but you're obviously not intelligent enough to understand that so by all means keep it up shelby.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Now this is so sad!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asnVcbWQ2cg

If you really want to waist a few hours, watch the whole movie
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

Thread Information