Thread: El Rey Del Mundo Robusto

Blog Entries

Default El Rey Del Mundo Robusto

Robusto 5" x 54 Tissue wrapped w/ the band on the outside of the tissue
    Wrapper = Ecuador
    Filler = Dom. Rep. , Honduras
    Binder = Honduras
    $$ = 4.25 at local b/m

This smoke was a suggestion from the tobacconist and recommended to me as a full bodied stick.

The construction was good, cut and light were just fine. The ash was white, tight, and snapped clean about 1 1/2 inches in. I will have to say that, imho, this is not a full bodied smoke, much more to medium or even mild side of medium. I could not detect much flavor except tobacco. The aroma was pleasant, but not anything special.......which pretty much describes the entire smoke. O.K., but not something I would go out of my way to buy again.

I am curious if anyone has experience with these. By the way the tobacconist talked about this stick, I wonder if I somehow got a bad example?? I can't really see trying 2-3 more of these without someone here relating a good experience with them, although I know its been said that you should smoke 3-5 before deciding or .

I'm guessing you're talking about the Oscuro here. I enjoy these and always have a few in my cooler. I think you're right though - they are closer to medium than full. They're pretty straighforward, consistent smokes, and the price is right.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I'm guessing you're talking about the Oscuro here. I enjoy these and always have a few in my cooler. I think you're right though - they are closer to medium than full. They're pretty straighforward, consistent smokes, and the price is right.
    Yes, my fault for not including in the original review, it was Oscuro. I was expecting more after the description the shop owner gave me. I agree, it was pretty straightforward and an O.K. smoke for the $$. I might get a couple more and let them sit abit, I smoked this one the same day I picked it up.

I enjoy the ERDM Robusto Larga the most but on a nice summer day with a cold beer the Suprema seems to fill the bill. I do not have a gifted palate, the rating system my friends and I use is on the burny, ashy, smoky, tobaccoy scale cigars are good or bad. These are on the good side for me.

Baron
    Remember to breathe

5. Default

The first one or 2 of these I smoked didn't leave much of an impression on me either. Now I find them enjoyable and a good perfomer in that price range. My hmidor always has a few of these inside.

Thread Information