Thread: Sirius

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

I'll get it when they give me a reciever for free .

Do you dudes go out and buy a cable box? Hiway robbery to have to pay for a damn reciever if you ask me. My ride to work is 4 minutes so I dont need it. Just enough time to hear "Highway to Hell" every morning to get me all torqued up for work
    The older I get ,the better I was

Just enough time to hear "Highway to Hell" every morning to get me all torqued up for work

awesome, i do this on the way to school almost every morning

Default I have both XM and Sirius

I Preffer the XM over sirius I will not be renewing Sirius subscription
    GO AHEAD PUNK MAKE MY DAY

On sirius, current traffic reports roll around every 4 minutes. I've avoided gridlock a couple of times in Dallas. Yeah, you pay for the receiver, just like the cost of the regular radio is figured into the price of the car you buy. Sat radio is in new cars now, so you buy the receiver then. The only difference is the subscription of $12/month. But, you don't have ads buying up all the air time either. The only thing I miss about regular radio is Bob and Tom. BUt there's comedy on satellite too. Programming on the music stations in sat radio is excellent. To me, making a choice is way better than listening to canned formats designed to create audiences that'll buy a specific product(s). I've listened to XM, but like Sirius better. IMO, Stern is the worst thing about Sirius - all the guy does is stroke his dick. period. Look up redundancy in the dictionary and there's a pic of howard stern. So, I think sirius woulda been cheated even if he'd of paid them for a channel. But, I don't have to listen to him either.

So, I like sirius - it's well worth my money goddammit.

CC, your buddy probably doesn't have it tuned to an unused or a weak signal frequency. I've noticed that cars that come with either XM or Sirius have a better reception (perfect, in my experience - country, city, where ever) than the one I installed in my car, which is great most of the time, except when in city, I have to change frequencies a time or two during a trip (they're preset now). This makes me think that the sat radio is just interfaced better from factory now that they come like that.
    Last edited by basil; 02-04-2007 at 11:21 PM. Reason: PS
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

As far as I can tell everyone who actually has one seems extremely happy with it, that's got to say something.
    End of line.

I like it alot. Just check all the channels listed on the website. I thought I would never pay for radio, but then I saw what was offered. I got a Xact stream jockey so I could just carry the receiver around and plug it in at home/work/car. It just died after about 16 months, but I'm going to get another. Being able to plug and play means needing only 1 subscription and 1 receiver. Of course you have to have something to plug it in with and something to plug it into.

Thread Information