Thread: Sirius

Default Sirius

Anyone else got it? I got one for Christmas and I think its awesome, I haven't put a CD in my car in like 5 weeks.
    End of line.

Default I got XM...

I love satellite radio. Atlanta radio sucks fat shafts (except the GSU and GA Tech stations). Really makes the work day go by quickly too. I do think it's ironic that Rush's "Spirit of Radio" gets played on a pay service, but there it is.

TampaSupremo
    "Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"-H.P. Lovecraft

xm junkie here....but I agree I hardly listen to regular radio or cd's

eddie
    Colts 2007 Superbowl Champs
    all those in denial.......

Sirius is da shit. If I hear something on satrad I think I gotta have, I'll get the CD, otherwise it's a lot of sirius. In the cd player, been goin back and forth between OAR 34th & 8th, the Be Good Tanyas, and an old Janes Addiction Live album. Also play sirius at work on laptop.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

My wife got Sirius for Christmas also...... I don't think we have listened to the radio since. Between Sirius and the iPod.... I still do enjoy some of the local radio stations in NYC when I am there.
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

I've had XM for 2 years now. I haven't listened to terrestrial radio in well over a year.

Sirius here. I love it. Bubba rocks

Nothing

Honestly, I pretty much listen to the radio now in lieu of watching the idiot box. Howard alone has enough programming on his channels that I don't even really miss TV.
    End of line.

I'm Thinking about getting Sirius in my car. I was in a rental car in florida last month that had it and I loved it. Any suggestions on devices for the car? (I already have a good head unit, Alpine, but I don't think its Sirius/XM capable)

My new Honda has it with a three month free trial. I take it the consensus in this thread to keep it past the free trial period. My oldest son has it in his vehicle and he really likes the variety.
    "Differences can be resolved in ways that are fair to all, but reason must prevail over passion if there is to be a climate conducive to the settlement of disagreements."
    Ronald Reagan in a speech given to the Supreme Soviet, September 17, 1990

I have it up here in Canada and really enjoy it. Only thing that is a little annoying is I only have 3 presets on mine....but its great when your 300kms from the nearest city and you can listen to BBC World.

Blog Entries

I think it's a complete waste of money so I won't buy it. I listen to CD's 95% of the time and local AM news stations for news and traffic reports.

A friend of mine has it in his car and it cuts out on him whenever I'm in the car with him and we're trying to listen to it. Another friend of mine has it on his computer at work. I've looked over the "stations" and none of them appeal to me so once again, I don't want to spend money on it since I'd rarely ever use it.

Between XM and Sirius, I think XM is the better one.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I don't have it yet. I'm going to wait and see if either Sirius or XM ever manage to become profitable before I buy a receiver.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

14. Default

I'll get it when they give me a reciever for free .

Do you dudes go out and buy a cable box? Hiway robbery to have to pay for a damn reciever if you ask me. My ride to work is 4 minutes so I dont need it. Just enough time to hear "Highway to Hell" every morning to get me all torqued up for work
    The older I get ,the better I was

Just enough time to hear "Highway to Hell" every morning to get me all torqued up for work

awesome, i do this on the way to school almost every morning

Default I have both XM and Sirius

I Preffer the XM over sirius I will not be renewing Sirius subscription
    GO AHEAD PUNK MAKE MY DAY

On sirius, current traffic reports roll around every 4 minutes. I've avoided gridlock a couple of times in Dallas. Yeah, you pay for the receiver, just like the cost of the regular radio is figured into the price of the car you buy. Sat radio is in new cars now, so you buy the receiver then. The only difference is the subscription of $12/month. But, you don't have ads buying up all the air time either. The only thing I miss about regular radio is Bob and Tom. BUt there's comedy on satellite too. Programming on the music stations in sat radio is excellent. To me, making a choice is way better than listening to canned formats designed to create audiences that'll buy a specific product(s). I've listened to XM, but like Sirius better. IMO, Stern is the worst thing about Sirius - all the guy does is stroke his dick. period. Look up redundancy in the dictionary and there's a pic of howard stern. So, I think sirius woulda been cheated even if he'd of paid them for a channel. But, I don't have to listen to him either.

So, I like sirius - it's well worth my money goddammit.

CC, your buddy probably doesn't have it tuned to an unused or a weak signal frequency. I've noticed that cars that come with either XM or Sirius have a better reception (perfect, in my experience - country, city, where ever) than the one I installed in my car, which is great most of the time, except when in city, I have to change frequencies a time or two during a trip (they're preset now). This makes me think that the sat radio is just interfaced better from factory now that they come like that.
    Last edited by basil; 02-04-2007 at 11:21 PM. Reason: PS
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

As far as I can tell everyone who actually has one seems extremely happy with it, that's got to say something.
    End of line.

I like it alot. Just check all the channels listed on the website. I thought I would never pay for radio, but then I saw what was offered. I got a Xact stream jockey so I could just carry the receiver around and plug it in at home/work/car. It just died after about 16 months, but I'm going to get another. Being able to plug and play means needing only 1 subscription and 1 receiver. Of course you have to have something to plug it in with and something to plug it into.

Quote Originally Posted by 597 View Post
    I'm Thinking about getting Sirius in my car. I was in a rental car in florida last month that had it and I loved it. Any suggestions on devices for the car? (I already have a good head unit, Alpine, but I don't think its Sirius/XM capable)
    Check to see if your head unit is capable of taking a sat. antenna. If so, then you will likely want to buy the one that specifically works with your model. Wiring harness can sometimes cause issues.

-Chad
    For let a man, as most men do, rate themselves at the highest value they can, yet their true value is no more than it is esteemed by others. -Thomas Hobbes

Thread Information