Thread: "hurt"

bigpoppapuff Guest

Good song..... good video
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Blog Entries

Was there any cigar smoking in there? I couldn't view the video.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I think the guy who was videotaping it might have been smoking a cigar.

Awesome cover of NIN plus with this guy's story it makes sense as well

Blog Entries

I've been listening to a lot of Johnny Cash here lately. Thats a great song. and honestly who gives a shit if its cigar related or not? Its the man in black!
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    I've been listening to a lot of Johnny Cash here lately. Thats a great song. and honestly who gives a shit if its cigar related or not? Its the man in black!
    In the past year I've become a huge fan...The man was a genius.

About fourty years ago my aunt won a raffle that benefited a local charity. The prize was a black suit worn by Cash...Hopefully one day it will be mine.

I've met the drummer for his band...He lives in the same town I do. Carl Perkins is also from here...Met him too. I had the honor of working security for his funeral.
    Last edited by cigarsarge; 02-01-2007 at 08:39 PM. Reason: more info

JC is the Man. He is the master story teller. I loved him at the time I started listening to music as a youngin' with classics like Orange Blossom Special, A Boy Named Sue, and Don't Take Your Guns to Town. I still love his music today. Although I am not a deeply religious person, I have really been digging on his gospel stuff lately. Hell, we even share the same birthday!!! Long Live CASH.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Yeah I am a big fan too. Got most of his cd s and even some old Lps lol
    My Dad was a fan and I guess it rubbed off on me

Never heard Johnny Cash before, just watched it and liked it very much.

Johnny Cash always follewed his own heart when it came to his music .
    Did what he thought was right and sometimes paid a heavy price for it with the music companies and Nashvile . he was a working man , man

Blog Entries

Great song, great video.

When Cash died, they had a number of interviews in Rolling Stone, and the director of the video, Mark Romanek, had a story I thought was interesting.
    At the end of the shoot, the director was going for a dramatic statement so he told Cash the shoot was about done. He asked him to sit at the end of the table and do anything he wanted...sweep everything to the ground, smash the plates, tip the table...whatever. You can see the moment at the 2:54 point. Johnny simply picked up a wine glass and slowly poured it out.
    I don't know why, but the story stuck with me...

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes View Post
    Great song, great video.

When Cash died, they had a number of interviews in Rolling Stone, and the director of the video, Mark Romanek, had a story I thought was interesting.
    At the end of the shoot, the director was going for a dramatic statement so he told Cash the shoot was about done. He asked him to sit at the end of the table and do anything he wanted...sweep everything to the ground, smash the plates, tip the table...whatever. You can see the moment at the 2:54 point. Johnny simply picked up a wine glass and slowly poured it out.
    I don't know why, but the story stuck with me...
    A great song and a uniquegreat performer. I have several of his albums and compilation discs of his.

If you never heard too much of his stuff, go back to youtube and check out the older stuff of his, live shows, etc. His prison concerts will really make you think.

Thread Information