Thread: home brewers?

from the future. here are tonights winning lotto numbers

Default home brewers?

any of you boys and girls out there make home brew? I got a kit just after Chrissy. So far I have made a Black ale, and I just finished bottleing a ginger beer. alcoholic of course. I gave a few bottles of black to the guys at work, being the worst critics, and they all came back happy. It was a good start. I have a Carlton (South Australian brewer) kit, and at $75AUD, everything included for the first brew, it was great value. It makes 30 750mL (long neck) bottles, so theres heaps to go around. Its 10aud for the brew mix, about a buck for the sugar, and $20 for the bottles, which are re-useable, its fairly good value for money. Genearally at 40 bucks for 24 375mL bottles from the bottle shop, its a cheap way to get good piss!
    Smokey the bear says:.....

sorry, just noticed the home brew poll. Guess I shudda looked hey

Quote Originally Posted by LeojVS View Post
    any of you boys and girls out there make home brew? I got a kit just after Chrissy. So far I have made a Black ale, and I just finished bottleing a ginger beer. alcoholic of course. I gave a few bottles of black to the guys at work, being the worst critics, and they all came back happy. It was a good start. I have a Carlton (South Australian brewer) kit, and at $75AUD, everything included for the first brew, it was great value. It makes 30 750mL (long neck) bottles, so theres heaps to go around. Its 10aud for the brew mix, about a buck for the sugar, and $20 for the bottles, which are re-useable, its fairly good value for money. Genearally at 40 bucks for 24 375mL bottles from the bottle shop, its a cheap way to get good piss!
    Cool Leo!

My dad used to brew his own in Saudi Arabia using non alcoholic beer as a base and going from there. I think you Ossies have a more lax view on home brewing than up here in Canada I know with spirits it is mostly illegal, and not sure about beer. Most "home brewers" up here use a "brew your own" store, which oddly is ok.

Personally I can't wait to raid the plum trees on our lot to make schnapps or plum liqour!

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Ha, yeah, lax is the word. If you can brew it, its legal. spirits, liquors, beer, anything. you ust cant sell it. " Honest, im not selling it. Im making it for people who dont have room for there own, and passing on the (inflated) costs....."

Plum liquor? Hmm, i dont know about that. Sounds a little sweet for me. I could be really wrong though. When I get a distiller, i might just have to try that. Plum rum, and a Fonseca.

Quote Originally Posted by LeojVS View Post
    Ha, yeah, lax is the word. If you can brew it, its legal. spirits, liquors, beer, anything. you ust cant sell it. " Honest, im not selling it. Im making it for people who dont have room for there own, and passing on the (inflated) costs....."

Plum liquor? Hmm, i dont know about that. Sounds a little sweet for me. I could be really wrong though. When I get a distiller, i might just have to try that. Plum rum, and a Fonseca.
    If its a plum schnapps it will knock your block off... like moonshine

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

john51277 Guest

I have been brewing for a few years now. I think I am up to my 200th gallon almost. I have a cream stout, and a Hefe Weitzen in the works now. and for 25-40 bucks for 5 gallons of premium homemade Brew you cant beat it. Beer Yummmmm

Thread Information