Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member from Minnesota

Default New member from Minnesota

Howdy all - just a quick intro for my first post. A few of you know me from Usenet and other boards, but I'm brand new to this board. Been into cigars for a couple of years now - made all the newbie mistakes early on (can you say Thompson's?) and I'm settled into a nice cigar place, where I know what I like and what I don't, but am still new enough to be trying new things and getting excited about little finds (that everyone else has known about for years, usually).

A few of my favorite/regular sticks include Gispert maduro, Maria Mancini, and LVH. When I want to step up a little, I smoke RP Vintage and Gurkha Regent. I've had a few Habanos and enjoyed them very much, but I lack the balls to order my own box, so what I've had has been via trades and the occasional gift. Probably for the best that I don't get Cuban crazy, since I'm of the "smoke um while you got um" mentality and have a hard time resisting (aging) my good smokes. Let's just say that for me, I prefer a stick that smokes well off the truck. Not to say nothing gets age, but, well, you know. If I'm excited about a stick, it's not going to last long.

Finally, for those who know me from a certain board to remain unnamed, no redhead jokes please.

welcome from MS

welcome

Blog Entries

Welcome, the gispert maduro has a place in my regular rotation also. Good smoke for the $$.

Welcome from Georgia.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Welcome from Maryland

Blog Entries

Welcome from MT

Welcome from Texas, nice intro!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

welcome from iowa, i'd guess you play poker (because of your name), what games do you play? i played a lot on the internet before all the anti poker legislation hit

Quote Originally Posted by aceswired View Post
    Finally, for those who know me from a certain board to remain unnamed, no redhead jokes please.
    Awwwwww!

Welcome to the board dude!

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Quote Originally Posted by boomshay View Post
    welcome from iowa, i'd guess you play poker (because of your name), what games do you play? i played a lot on the internet before all the anti poker legislation hit
    Yeah, played quite a lot before the government decided to take away my mad money. Started out in holdem of course, though by the end was playing mostly 7-card stud and Omaha 8. As luck has it, there's a card room 15 minutes from my house, so I can still get my fix when I'm feeling like some cards.

Still got a bunch of cash in Neteller that I'm not sure how to liberate. had been using the Neteller ATM card but they took that away just a couple of weeks ago. Wish I hadn't waited around to see what happened for so long.

Blog Entries

Another welcome from the Lone Star State!

Welcome from a fellow new member...
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

[QUOTE=aceswired;78805
    Still got a bunch of cash in Neteller that I'm not sure how to liberate. had been using the Neteller ATM card but they took that away just a couple of weeks ago. Wish I hadn't waited around to see what happened for so long.[/QUOTE]

ya that hurts, i had a big amount of money in there but took it out sometime around august. ive still got about 1k sitting on pstars that im not sure what to do with, the games have gotten very tough

Welcome from Michigan

ya that hurts, i had a big amount of money in there but took it out sometime around august. ive still got about 1k sitting on pstars that im not sure what to do with, the games have gotten very tough
    I did pull a bit out once Party and some of the other big ones started pulling out of the U.S. market. Right now, I've got $1600 sitting in Neteller. Still a nice chunk of change, but I used to keep almost double that liquid in Neteller, so it coulda been worse.

I still think I'll get at it. It'll just be a pain. But hey, now that online poker is gone, all our nation's problems are solved, right? After all, I'm not sure the economy could survive another year of me spending thousands in mad money.

Quote Originally Posted by aceswired View Post
    I still think I'll get at it. It'll just be a pain. But hey, now that online poker is gone, all our nation's problems are solved, right? After all, I'm not sure the economy could survive another year of me spending thousands in mad money.
    i will not admit that poker is gone until pokerstars doesn't let me play anymore

i'm sure you'll get your money back, it will just take some time for neteller to figure everything out

i'm definately rooting for the american government to regulate online poker but i'm assuming it won't happen anytime soon, if ever

if you want more information about neteller go to www.twoplustwo.com and go to the internet forum, i'm sure they'll post updates because there are many other people in the same boat as you

Welcome from Calgary!
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

if you want more information about neteller go to www.twoplustwo.com and go to the internet forum, i'm sure they'll post updates because there are many other people in the same boat as you
    Yeah, I've been over there a few times. I just hate that board's interface, that's part of the reason I was never a regular over there. But you're right - I'd be wise to keep an eye on the news there.

Welcome from Canada

Thread Information