Thread: Cigar high?

Default Cigar high?

Hello all, this is my first post here and I have many many questions for you all I am a 23 year old Fitness instructor (ironic no?) and live in the Midlands of the UK.

I have been smoking cigars now for about 3 months, one a week, sometimes 2 for special occasions. I notice that the larger the cigar (both length and guage) the more dizzy and "high" I feel upon finishing. Is this because of some drug in the the tobbacco (nicoteine or other) or because of the fact I am not totally breathing correctly much for about an hour or so? Don't get me wrong, it's a nice feeling but a little unwelcome at times.

I do not drink alcohol nor do I smoke ciggies or do any other drug. I hear that some Cigars give you a heady feeling.

Nicotine high because you aren't use to it. If you continue light smoking of cigars you will probably always experience it with larger sticks or when you have more in a close amount of time. If you smoke more often your body will become use to the nicotine and it won't affect you anymore.

Welcome to the board. The dizziness you are feeling can be attributed to a number of things.

One of which could be if the cigar is “green” (when the cigar isn’t aged by the manufacturer or isn't aged long enough). Some companies rush their cigars on the market and don’t age the cigars for a period of time (which can leave higher amounts of nicotine and other chemicals in the cigar). If this is the culprit you could let the cigar sit in a humidor for a couple of weeks or months (over time the levels of nicotine, ammonia and such will level off and won’t be as harsh).

Another culprit could be the body of the cigar. If you just started smoking, full body cigars may be able to give you this feeling, especially if your smoking on an empty stomach. (I would recommend you eat a meal before you smoke a full body cigar, especially if you just started to smoke).

bigpoppapuff Guest

are you inhaling??...if you are,you shouldn't....ever...

if you're not...it probably is a case of the cigar being a bit too strong for your tastes....time of day and what,if anything,you've eaten also might be the problem...

Welcome to the board.

Just curious, how did you pick your handle?
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Welcome to the boards from Canada!

Another thing in addition to eating before smoking a cigar is that if you experience that feeling then try having something like a coca-cola. It helps get rid of the nicotine effect.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Thank you all for your replies. My current weapons of choice are bolivar petit coronas and la rica robustos, both of which are heaven to taste and give me the headiness. I am always pretty much full of food but I am also quite sensitive to a lot of drugs and chemicals.
    The cigars I choose tend to be quite mild, I do not really go for the stronger stogies as I am still trying to learn to fully appreciate the tastes.

I generally smoke my weekly Cigar on a friday night with a can of no-alcohol beer.
    I never inhale, I did my reading extensivly before hand, everything from cutting to lighting to tasting

My name? I couldn't say but consider this: I used to be 20 stone with a 46 inch waist, now I am 12.8 stone with a 34 inch waist and a career in the fitness and leisure industry.

Its from the nicoteen as others have said already...

when I first started smoking I smoked a really full bodied smoke on an almost completely empty stomach...

bout 1/3 of the way thru I started getting a little light headed and dizzy, but I kept with it cuz it was a good cigar

then about 2/3 of the way thru I was really really dizzy and was in a cold sweat... but still it was a good cigar

finally when I finished it off I was way dizzy in a cold sweat, shaking and feeling naucious

was a good cigar... but I sure learned my lesson about eating before smoking a cigar I'm not familiar with....
    -=JStrider=-
    ~a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. -- Rudyard Kipling

~Clatto Verata Nicto

Ace, that explains it then. I am overly sensitive to nicoteine. I am not complaining though. I feel great after smoking my Cigars, best I have felt since I quit drinking 4 years ago.

stone eh? I have stones in my yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbawubba View Post
    My name? I couldn't say but consider this: I used to be 20 stone with a 46 inch waist, now I am 12.8 stone with a 34 inch waist and a career in the fitness and leisure industry.

Congrats on the slimming! You can afford a cigar now and then I would say!

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Well when I first started smoking, I smoked cigars way too fast, and always got a cigar high. I learned to slow the fuck down, then I no longer have that problem. So that may be why you get a cigar high, so try slowing it down and maybe that will help.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

@ Monk, well it was a few years back now.

@ Cigar no baka, I am a fairly slow smoker but I suppose it could be even slower

but consider this: I used to be 20 stone with a 46 inch waist, now I am 12.8 stone with a 34 inch waist.
    Color me stupid... What is Stone? Is that body fat %???

A stone is a measure of weight. 1 stone = 14 lbs.

Edit: Here's some more
    Last edited by Shelby07; 02-04-2007 at 11:00 AM.

16. Cool

I have one stone. Doesn't weigh anywhere near that much!!!!!
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

If your wondering about my bodyfat, it hovers between 12.3% and 3.5% depending on the tides/moon/how the bones roll etc.

I'm so glad you cleared that up for me.

If your wondering about my bodyfat, it hovers between 12.3% and 3.5% depending on the tides/moon/how the bones roll etc.

Hey, welcome to a fellow Brit from Hertfordshire.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Thread Information