Thread: ok, i'm sure this is a stupid question.....

Default ok, i'm sure this is a stupid question.....

but I guess I'll ask...

How do you keep track of how long a cigar has been in your humidor? Does everyone buy those blank cigar bands you can get or is there a simpler way I'm just not thinking of. If I write on the cellophane with a sharpie, do you think the odor will effect the cigars? Thanks eveyone for your help

TONY

I used to keep an excel spreadsheet detailing everything. stopped doing that. there's a thread somewhere on this site for software to track it.

when i buy boxes, i write a label on the box for aging, or when it drops to singles, use the bands or put them in a baggie and label it that way. otherwise, and unless i'm aging the sticks - i don't care to keep track. and i don't think sharpies are going to hurt the sticks - unless perhaps you're putting the labels in right after you write on them.

this is my .02, but i also hang my shirts from light to dark in the closet.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

try "cigar briefcase" you can log everything

cigar briefcase

The latest North American release for Cigar Register is pretty good too, has a few bugs but decent and they seem to be working on it. Should be able to track addition to humidor dates.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101 View Post
    this is my .02, but i also hang my shirts from light to dark in the closet.
    <- Freak.

If i do keep track of how long something has been in my coolidor, I do one of two things, either put it in an empty cigar box with other singles which came to me about the same time and write the month and year on the outside of the box. Or I just mentally take note of about when its been in my coolidor. The later is only as good as my memory, where as the former works well. does the sharpie impart an odar on your cigars?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Blog Entries

They don't stay in the cooler long enough to even matter!

Seriously, I use an Excel spreadsheet.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrocks922 View Post
    but I guess I'll ask...

How do you keep track of how long a cigar has been in your humidor? Does everyone buy those blank cigar bands you can get or is there a simpler way I'm just not thinking of. If I write on the cellophane with a sharpie, do you think the odor will effect the cigars? Thanks eveyone for your help

TONY
    For me, I'm not really worried about how long a single has been in my coolidor. I just have the single as a sampler, a guage if I want to buy a box to store.

When I store boxes, the dates of the cigars are kept on the box.

thanks for the info guys!

Thread Information