Thread: Archery world champion - my mum?

from the future. here are tonights winning lotto numbers

Default Archery world champion - my mum?

Can it be done?
    My mum had a stroke a few years ago, adn has lost movement in her right side. My dad introduced her to archery, then she moved to crossbow. She is kicking ass here in Australia! she is about to qualify for the world championships on the USA. If she does she will be shooting in July this year. What makes this great, is she is shooting against able bodied people. She is one of the few hemiplegic (one side paralysis) archers in the world, and the only one in thiss level of competition, so fingers crossed, and we shall see how she does!
    Smokey the bear says:.....

wow, that's inspiring, for real. you're one lucky kid.

Quote Originally Posted by LeojVS View Post
    Can it be done?
    My mum had a stroke a few years ago, adn has lost movement in her right side. My dad introduced her to archery, then she moved to crossbow. She is kicking ass here in Australia! she is about to qualify for the world championships on the USA. If she does she will be shooting in July this year. What makes this great, is she is shooting against able bodied people. She is one of the few hemiplegic (one side paralysis) archers in the world, and the only one in thiss level of competition, so fingers crossed, and we shall see how she does!
    Mate, that is awesome! I think regardless of how she does she has earned a lot of respect to make it that far and overcome life's hurdles. I wish her the best of luck but either way she should keep it up!

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

WOW.... that is freakin awesome...... Congrats.....

My brother is headed to Las Vegas this week to shoot in an Archery Competion this upcoming weekend. I got my brother in archery years ago.... I bought a bow and lost interest in it and he took it up.....

Good luck to her... let us know how she does.....
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

very cool, I hope she does well!

I've always enjoyed archery when I've done it in scouts and elsewhere. maybe once I get my own place and some $$ I'll pick it up myself.
    -=JStrider=-
    ~a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. -- Rudyard Kipling

~Clatto Verata Nicto

Very impressive!

Being a bow hunter myself, though never participating in formal competition, I find it amazing that she has reached the level she has.

Wow!! Thanks for all the positive thoughts guys! That really means alot! Here is a list of records she has attained in 2006
    * WCSA World championships indoor 2nd place
    * WCSA World championships indoor teams 1st place
    * Archery Aust. -National Championship Indoor titles - Master womens crossbow
    * '' '' -National record holder '' '' - '' '' ''
    * Archery NSW -State champion indoor titles - Master womens crossbow
    * '' '' -State record hoder Indoor titles - '' '' ''

My dad was the initial push into the sport, and trains, and supports her, loading her crossbow (she only has 1 working arm, and at 68lbs of preassure....well, you know) and takes her to practice every sunday, including practice at home 5 days a week. Althhough dad is very ill with cancer, the stubborn bugger wont stop. Good work Grimo
    Yup, I will keep you all informed on her progress. We are nearly there with the fundraising, with many local businesses willing to help out, so although they wont read this, thanks anyway!

Her shoot is July 14th - 21st 2007, at Bloomfield, New Jersey, so if nyone lives in the area, feel free to check it out!

Thanks again!

That's pretty damn cool - inspiring.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Default She is in.

well, she had her qualifying shoot on the weekend just gone, and she sucessfully qualified! The mark to qual. was 750/900. She got 820 or there abouts. ( I lost her actual score) So, she s off to the States to shoot for Australia Giddy Up

Blog Entries

AWESOME!
    Best of luck to your Mom and congrats to both of your parents for not letting hard times get in the way of living life to the fullest. We could all learn a lesson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes View Post
    AWESOME!
    Best of luck to your Mom and congrats to both of your parents for not letting hard times get in the way of living life to the fullest. We could all learn a lesson.

A very important lesson indeed. Congrats to your Mum!!

fantastic! think she could make it to the herf?
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Blog Entries

That is exciting news! I wish her all the best but it sounds like she got the best having your dad by her side. Good luck!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

john51277 Guest

That's pretty damn cool, I wish her all the luck man!!!!

Thanks all! I will pass on your best wishes! As for makin it to the herf.....well, i kinda doubt it. If I was over there on the other hand........

well, mum and dad fly out on the 27th of this month. Keepingfingers crossed>>>>

Thread Information