Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida Residents!

Exclamation Florida Residents!

Any CS'ers near Orlando? I will be attending a conference there from the 16th-22nd of March. Staying 10 minutes from the airport. Looking for good Cigar Shopping info, and if anyone wants to meet up for some stogies that would be awesome! Post Here!!!

-Will
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

You're gonna look for Loudpipes. He's the only one active on the board that I know lives in Orlando. Depending on the day I may drive up and have a smoke. All depends on the timing though.

I'd be willing to meet up with you. I'll be in Florida around the same time during my spring break. (I'll be in melbourne which is about an hour south east of orlando).

I Would have to be a day trip on the 21 or an evening trip on the 17th or 18th day time.

Quote Originally Posted by 597 View Post
    I'd be willing to meet up with you. I'll be in Florida around the same time during my spring break. (I'll be in melbourne which is about an hour south east of orlando).
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    I Would have to be a day trip on the 21 or an evening trip on the 17th or 18th day time.
    I'm working on the 21st (I'll check times), 17th and 18th are definately good. Check with Loudpipes too if he doesn't check in here.

The more the merrier!

-W.

Be warned Floridians... Shagaroo and his camera will be in Titusville March 14 - 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo View Post
    Be warned Floridians... Shagaroo and his camera will be in Titusville March 14 - 18.
    Hey Shag, any chance of getting away for a few hours and coming to Orlando for a smoke or two with those of us who manage it one of the evenings of the 17th, or 18th?

-W.

I probably would be able to escape on the 17th. On the 18th I will be heading home. Taking the family to see the shuttle launch, if it doesn't get scrubbed, so this is purely vacation time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo View Post
    I probably would be able to escape on the 17th. On the 18th I will be heading home. Taking the family to see the shuttle launch, if it doesn't get scrubbed, so this is purely vacation time.
    That would be awesome. just looked at the map, doesn't look too far either. south from where you are to the 528 then west (basically). Lets see how it goes and what the others come up with.

-W.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    That would be awesome. just looked at the map, doesn't look too far either. south from where you are to the 528 then west (basically). Lets see how it goes and what the others come up with.

-W.
    Yeah. According to google Orlando is about an hour shot from Titusville. Not far at all.

yeah titusville is about 15 mins north of Melbourne (where i'll be at). Its no more than an hour east of Orlando. I'd be willing to meet up around the afternoon of the 17th in Orlando. (I'm planning on celebrating St. Patricks day in style that evening and think it would be best to stay around where I'm staying if you catch my drift). I was also wondering if anyone in the FL area is a baseball fan, maybe we could catch a spring training game (just a thought, although I know most of them probably won't allow smoking except in certain areas). I know there is a Stadium in Orlando and Viera (just next to titusville).

I'll get loudpipes to chime in here and have him see if he can locate a decent easter side of orlando meeting area.

Shag, if you make to the north side of Titusville stop in at the shop on the corner of US1 Southbound and Main Street. A great group of guys hang out there Fiday evenings. The selection of smokes there is pretty decent also. PM me if you want some ideas on places to eat, etc. while in town.

I'M IN O-TOWN!!!

I will be available the night of the 17th if that's what works best for everyone.

The people coming in from Titusville/Melbourne could come in on 528 which would put them right by the airport near where Monk will be.

I'm trying to rack my brain on a cool place to smoke some of the smoker friendly local bars are going to be over run because the 17th is St. Patty's Day.

There is always Corona Cigar Bar/store but it's a bit pricey www.coronacigar.com

I'll pop back in with some added info when I come up with a plan.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Quote Originally Posted by Loudpipes78 View Post
    I'M IN O-TOWN!!!

I will be available the night of the 17th if that's what works best for everyone.

The people coming in from Titusville/Melbourne could come in on 528 which would put them right by the airport near where Monk will be.

I'm trying to rack my brain on a cool place to smoke some of the smoker friendly local bars are going to be over run because the 17th is St. Patty's Day.

There is always Corona Cigar Bar/store but it's a bit pricey www.coronacigar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Loudpipes78 View Post
    I'M IN O-TOWN!!!

Sounds good, sorry I didn't chime in, just got back from a Business trip to Munich. Sounds like this will actually have some good board attendance!! funfunfunfunfun!! can't wait!

-W.

I wouldn't mind over paying some for a cigar to have a better atmosphere thana crowded bar. We can always hit one of those up AFTER the herf.

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    I wouldn't mind over paying some for a cigar to have a better atmosphere thana crowded bar. We can always hit one of those up AFTER the herf.
    Very true... for me anywhere will be cheaper to buy cigars than up here

Atmosphere is always welcome and I am really looking forward to meeting up with everyone and having a smoke. Duhaammm, hurry up mid-March!

-W.

john51277 Guest

hey guys, NOOB to the thread not new to Cigars. I live about 30-45 mins north of Orlando in Mt Dora Area. Could meet up and burn a few sticks, and meet a few new faces. Let me know when!

Quote Originally Posted by john51277 View Post
    hey guys, NOOB to the thread not new to Cigars. I live about 30-45 mins north of Orlando in Mt Dora Area. Could meet up and burn a few sticks, and meet a few new faces. Let me know when!
    The more the merrier IMNSHO!

-W.

Thread Information