Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida Residents!

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    The more the merrier IMNSHO!

-W.
    same here

So the 17th is definite for everyone?

I need to start hammering out my schedule now since my flight won't be landing till 1-2ish.

Is it just down to my slack ass setting a location?

This is going to be awesome!!!!

My first real HERF! EEEK!!!
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Quote Originally Posted by Loudpipes78 View Post
    So the 17th is definite for everyone?

I need to start hammering out my schedule now since my flight won't be landing till 1-2ish.

Is it just down to my slack ass setting a location?

This is going to be awesome!!!!

My first real HERF! EEEK!!!

Well I'm definately there, I think most people can make it on the 17th, even if some have to come a bit later on. I'll re-read through the thread and post a summary of the responses but it is basically down to your slack ass for location . Just remember, if anything goes wrong on the HERF we blame you..... no pressure

My guess is that if we go to Corona Cigars they might not like us bringing our own stogies and swapping them around so let us know location. Something like there or somewhere with a good atmosphere to sit, smoke, drink and shoot the shit are top priority. Hordes of hot babes serving our every whim is a close second

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

I'll be there by 8pm at the earliest more than likely. Won't be out of class till 6pm.

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    I'll be there by 8pm at the earliest more than likely. Won't be out of class till 6pm.
    We'll keep the stogies warm and the drinks cold for ya don't you worry.

-W.

I plan to be there, providing somebody can get it planned before May....

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo View Post
    I plan to be there, providing somebody can get it planned before May....

I think he's talking about you Loudpipes.

-Will

Ok so I went through the thread. Everyone was good for the 17th so lets make that date a DEFINATE!.

So far we have;

Guado, Loudpipes, 597, Shagaroo, John51277, and myself.

BunkyX posted and is in the area but dunno if he intends to make it. Anyone else is welcome of course.

So All we need is for Loudpipes to confirm the location and for us to agree on time! Guado won't make it until early evening at least and Loudpipes gets back into town around 14:00.

So what's the plan, should we all bring a few sticks to trade around or will that depend on location, or if we are all travelling might be tougher? Anyhow... book the calendars boys!

-Will

john51277 Guest

Damn my GM just told me he will need me for a big sale that day. I cannot make it guys, I will try to make it next time, if there is one!!

I may make it on the evening of the 17th. I'll arrive in Florida on the 16th, but the evening of the 17th I may have to entertain some friends from home (I think 3 or 4 of my friends from Law school will be heading down, and I don't think any of them smoke...plus I'll be meeting up with my friends in melbourne). I know they will all want to go out drinking that evening, and if thats the case (and they don't want to go to O-town) more than likely I won't be able to make it in the evening. I don't want everyone though to change their plans just for me.

I'd still be willing to meet in the afternoon of the 17th if anyone is available or interested, and I won't be leaving till the 25th (So if anyone would like to have an additional date to meet up let me know).

Well here are the problems I'm running into.

Most Cigar shops aren't going to be cool with us swapping around sticks or bringing our own instead of buying from them.

I've never done the Herf thing before so bare with me on this. I will try to work out some ideas and post up Sunday on location suggestions.

PLAN ON THE 17th DEFINITELY.

Location doesn't matter it's more about the people and the time, at this point we have that established.

I'm looking forward to this.

I have no problem buying a couple sticks at a local shop in order to Herf. Be happy to help keep the locals in business and maybe make some contacts and/or friends.

I have no problem buying a couple sticks at a local shop in order to Herf. Be happy to help keep the locals in business and maybe make some contacts and/or friends.
    Same!

-W.

Hey guys... I have to bow out of this one. Shuttle launch was scrubbed so the vacation is scrubbed as well. For the Florida folks, if I make it down in April or May (whenever the launch is rescheduled) lets try again.

Hey guys... I have to bow out of this one. Shuttle launch was scrubbed so the vacation is scrubbed as well. For the Florida folks, if I make it down in April or May (whenever the launch is rescheduled) lets try again.
    And then there were 3. Sucks to hear that Shag.

Well I say we start in the afternoon so that 597 can make it and carry right on in to when Guado gets there, and then drink somewhere until we either become legends of drinking or end up in the slammer.....

-W.

Well I say we start in the afternoon so that 597 can make it and carry right on in to when Guado gets there, and then drink somewhere until we either become legends of drinking or end up in the slammer.....

-W.
    Sounds good to me.... at least everything but the slammer thing.

And then there were 3. Sucks to hear that Shag.

-W.
    Sounds fun!

I have NOT forgotten about this.

Check out www.coronacigar.com and see what y'all think.

DAMNIT!!!

http://www.coronacigar.com/Avo_Uvezi...7th_aid35.html

Time to look into one of my more local shops.

If it's only me, Guado, Monk, and 597 I'm more than willing to open up my apartment complexs pool deck, grill, etc

Hooters is also walking distance as well as a pretty kick ass arcade that allows smoking.

Opinions?

It doesn't matter to me really. I'd perfer Hooters/your apartment that way I can bring my own cigars. Plus what better than Hooters, Hot Wings, Beer and Cigars?

I can throw in my two cents for what it's worth...
    Corona Cigar is a busy place and one hell of a traffic nightmare to get there, especially the
    one in Dr. Phillips. It's just west of I -4 on Sandlake Rd. The Corona in Heathrow is not as big, but it too tends to be crowed, and again a pain in the ass traffic wise. I-4 to just south of the big mall in Sanford. I have been to a place called Central Cigars somewhere down on Orange Ave. ( I think, I was the pilot but not the navigator on that trip). Has a big lounge that serves wine only and stays open till about midnight on weekends. There is a place called Harry's in Oviedo, that's kind of clannish and pricey.
    The local shop I go to does stay open kind of late if the party is good but driving to T'ville is again a pain. If Smooth isn't feeling up to it he likes to close on time 6:00. If I can think of any more I will post a note to you all here.

Thread Information