Thread: Fonseca Cubano Limitado (Belicoso)

Default Fonseca Cubano Limitado (Belicoso)

I usually don't do reviews on cigars (as it says in my sigtag)... but a friend asked me to do a few so here it goes......

This cigar is Dominican/Nic Filler with a Honduran binder. Nice wrapper with a good construction. The foot of the cigar was a little beat up when I got it. Probably due to the way it was packed and shipped. This had no effect on the way the cigar burned or smoked. The wrapper was kinda dark and not very oily. Almost dry. The cigar lit very well and only needed one touch up (my fault). It was a little spicey in the beginning, but not too much. Just enough to give it a really good flavor.

The pre-lit smell of this cigar was really nice. Or as my wife said "This one doesn't smell like elephant shit". The initial pre-light draw was a little tighter than I like. I thought it was going to be like sucking on a milkshake but it wasn't. Not too much smoke with this cigar but not too little. The ash would have probably stayed on alot longer than it did but I ashed it so it wouldn't fall on the computer or my lap. The ash was a dark grey, almost black. I was gonna let this sit for a while in the humi but it looked too good.

This is a good cigar... not too over-powering... This is a definite must try for anybody who has not had one. I will definitely be looking for more of these.
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

man, i saw the title ... then looked at the category ... and i thought to myself ... Review? ... Tommy? surely not. haha.

nice review.

Thread Information