Thread: Cohiba Siglo II (my first isom)

Default Cohiba Siglo II (my first isom)

This being my first ISOM I will be including pics along with my review. (sorry that some are blurry, cameras fault)

Just like the AF I reviewed last week, I don't have much to compare this to, but I'll do what I can.

Clipped the triple cap right off with a double blade cutter. Prelight draw gave a bit of spice and a strong tobacco flavor. The taste it left on my lips was a very sweet spicyness.

Lit with matches. The first half inch was very peppery and burned when exhaling through my nose. Soon the pepper turned into a very creamy smoke with hints of pepper, but it mostly dissapeared and was just a creamy sweet tobacco flavor.

Near the middle I picked up some woody flavors and it remained sweet, I can't pick out any chocolate or coffee flavors that other reviews suggest, but it is definately sweet and creamy.

Shortly after this pic I started getting a bit of harshness probably due to some tar buildup, I blew lightly through it and it disappeared for the most part.

Getting closer to the band now, and the cigar is picking up in flavor, the peppery taste is back but not as harsh through my nose. The peppery taste goes away again and the last few puffs are creamy and sweet, I had to let this go out earlier than I would've liked because the wrapper was coming off and the tar taste was back.

I really liked this smoke, it lasted a good hour, and changed flavors more than the other things I've smoked. Is it complex? Probably, but I could only pick out the basics. I hope to revisit this sometime when my taste matures and I can pick out more flavors.

A side note, the smoke from the lit end of the cigar reminded me of Mcdonalds Fries... It was by no means bad, I just found it a bit strange, I'd never had anything like that before.

-boom
    Last edited by boomshay; 02-05-2007 at 02:06 AM. Reason: corrections and such

Nice review, glad you liked it.

Great review... I loved all of the pictures.

The McD's fries thing had me laughing... though I don't think it's that weird. When I drink wine I sometimes pick out crazy flavors or am reminded of things real weird.

Midlothian, Virginia in the Subs. Longwood University....in FARMVILLE Virginia....

Good review. I found them haveing a weird taste to them at the end, but thats it.
    BTW~your table could sue a good cleaning....just a thought.
    "After a truly good meal, an outstanding cigar is still the most satisfying after-dinner activity that doesn't involve two human beings."
    Brad Shaw

"Pull out a Montecristo at a dinner party and the political liberal turns into the nicotine facist."
    -- Martyn Harris

1 termite
    +1 raisin

BTW~your table could sue a good cleaning....just a thought.
    haha, i noticed that, it looks a lot worse in the close up pics, i doubt its been cleaned in years, its my dad's cigarette table as well, so i can just blame it on him (for the most part)

Thread Information