Thread: Lighter Review - NIBO Wave 11

Default Lighter Review - NIBO Wave 11

I received a NIBO Wave 11 torch lighter with my humidor and thought I would do a review of it.

Manufacturer: NIBO
    Model: Wave 11
    Cost: $15.99
    Type: Single Flame Torch
    Warranty: Lifetime

Look and Feel:
    The NIBO 11 is a moderately heavy metal lighter with a nice shape that forms to your hand and feels comfortable while holding it. The design and weight however seems to be a bit bulky to put in your pocket. The torch feels twice as heavy as my zippo. I tend to prefer a more light weight lighter as I tend to carry a lot of stuff in my pockets.

Function:
    I cannot keep this lighter lit. I tried draining the butane and re-fueling and adjusting the valve. I have never had so many problems with lighter ever. Though the lighter has a lifetime warranty, I doubt it will be worth the time and shipping cost to send it back and receive another. Hopefully mine is defective and this isn't a common issue.

Follow-up:
    The lighter now appears to be functioning properly and reliably after draining some of the gas out of it. I don't believe this thing likes to function with a full tank.
    Last edited by chadth; 02-26-2007 at 04:07 PM.

You might want to try better butane such as a triple refined butane (sometimes you have problems if you use cheap butane in a good lighter). Also some lighters have problems outdoors in extreme wind (as I noticed with some of my lower end butane lighters).

Yep use some triple butane. When I got my xikar I picked up a cheap can i seen at the supply store. The lighter lit like crap. Finally picked up some good stuff and it lites everytime

some of the nicer lighters say that if you dont use the triple refined butane, you void the warranty.

I will give that a shot. Thanks for the feedback.

-Chad

This might be a dumb question but did you try filling the lighter when it was upside down?

I ask because I finally got around to buying a butane lighter the other week, misread the instructions and tried re-filling it while keeping it upright.

It just wouldn't work so I got pissed off and bought an even more expensive one. Same problem again, so... I re-read the instructions, filled it upside down (as they said to), and they both work perfectly now .

Anyway, learn from my stupidity. Of course, if this isn't whats causing your problem, I've just let everyone know how much of a dufus I've been .

Cheers
    Rich
    "Science is a candle in the dark" - some science guy

MMmmm... scotch. Another love.

Thread Information