Thread: Xikar vs. Palio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Xikar vs. Palio

i've used the search and haven't found any posts that answer this question, if i missed it, i'm sorry and please link it

i haven't been able to pull the trigger on a good cutter due to the price, i'm still in the "for 40 bucks i could be buying a good sampler" mindset. but now that paypal is offering 15 bucks off your first purchase i've been browsing cigarmony.com. i've decided i'm going to get a cutter, so the question is.... Palio ($36) or Xikar Xi2 ($32)

xikar is a bigger brand and it seems the masses have not been disappointed, it also comes with a good warranty, but i've also seen a few who swear by palio...

is there anyone who has used both and can say for sure which one they'd rather use?

thanks in advance.

-boom

I like my xikar but its blades are really thick, sharp as hell, but thick and I find that its cuts just aren't as smooth as by double blade 5 dollar job I bought at the b&m.

One suggestion is go to your local and ask to use one. They probably won't pull one of the shelf but they may have one around, or someone there may have one.
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 02-13-2007 at 07:37 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar

3. Default

I have a Xicar and it is OK . I will own a palio soon though,I used one and can say it is better than a Xicar IMHO. I use a 2 year old POS double cutter at work and it works perfect . It cuts 6-8 a day 5 days a week
    The older I get ,the better I was

Default Palio

I own 2 of the Palios and love the cut from them never tried the Xicar but the Palio is made out of the same materials that the glock pistol frames are made from and it is very durable material almost indestructible
    GO AHEAD PUNK MAKE MY DAY

I use the Palio and love it. No complaints at all
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

I have both.

I favor the Palio better. It is easier to use and gives a much better cut.

Thread Information