Thread: Xikar vs. Palio

Default Xikar vs. Palio

i've used the search and haven't found any posts that answer this question, if i missed it, i'm sorry and please link it

i haven't been able to pull the trigger on a good cutter due to the price, i'm still in the "for 40 bucks i could be buying a good sampler" mindset. but now that paypal is offering 15 bucks off your first purchase i've been browsing cigarmony.com. i've decided i'm going to get a cutter, so the question is.... Palio ($36) or Xikar Xi2 ($32)

xikar is a bigger brand and it seems the masses have not been disappointed, it also comes with a good warranty, but i've also seen a few who swear by palio...

is there anyone who has used both and can say for sure which one they'd rather use?

thanks in advance.

-boom

I like my xikar but its blades are really thick, sharp as hell, but thick and I find that its cuts just aren't as smooth as by double blade 5 dollar job I bought at the b&m.

One suggestion is go to your local and ask to use one. They probably won't pull one of the shelf but they may have one around, or someone there may have one.
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 02-13-2007 at 07:37 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar

3. Default

I have a Xicar and it is OK . I will own a palio soon though,I used one and can say it is better than a Xicar IMHO. I use a 2 year old POS double cutter at work and it works perfect . It cuts 6-8 a day 5 days a week
    The older I get ,the better I was

Default Palio

I own 2 of the Palios and love the cut from them never tried the Xicar but the Palio is made out of the same materials that the glock pistol frames are made from and it is very durable material almost indestructible
    GO AHEAD PUNK MAKE MY DAY

I use the Palio and love it. No complaints at all
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

I have both.

I favor the Palio better. It is easier to use and gives a much better cut.

Same boat as you here shay but check the palio website because i hear their warranty is pretty good too.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

8. Default

I have both. I prefer my SAK.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

I was told by the manufacturer at a cigar show that I can bring mine back to anyone that sells them and get another one on the spot if anything ever happens to it.
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bassfever View Post
    I was told by the manufacturer at a cigar show that I can bring mine back to anyone that sells them and get another one on the spot if anything ever happens to it.
    That's a powerful warranty if it really works that way!
    "Differences can be resolved in ways that are fair to all, but reason must prevail over passion if there is to be a climate conducive to the settlement of disagreements."
    Ronald Reagan in a speech given to the Supreme Soviet, September 17, 1990

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SideWinder View Post
    That's a powerful warranty if it really works that way!
    Sounds like Sears Craftsman is making cutters.

I enjoy my $3 double guillotine...and if I lose it I'm out a whopping $3.

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes View Post
    Sounds like Sears Craftsman is making cutters.

I enjoy my $3 double guillotine...and if I lose it I'm out a whopping $3.
    Well, yeah... but can you also use it as a wire stripper, jackhammer, and mortar forker and STILL return it if it breaks?

I use a colibri cutter most of time because it was a gift from one of my favorite people.
    "Differences can be resolved in ways that are fair to all, but reason must prevail over passion if there is to be a climate conducive to the settlement of disagreements."

The only reason I bought a xicar is because they bundled them with four red dots for 40 bucks at JR. Haven't been dissapointed but you can't do the thing where you lay it flat on a table, it cuts too deep then.

boom, did you ever make a decision?

actually yes it just came in the mail today

i went with the xikar because i found a great deal on ebay and didn't want to pass it up, i won't be using it till tonight though so i'm not sure how well it works yet

palio will be my next cutter purchase if this one fails me

Quote Originally Posted by boomshay View Post

i went with the xikar because i found a great deal on ebay and didn't want to pass it up, i won't be using it till tonight though so i'm not sure how well it works yet

bout time. tired of hearing you wine about it.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

bout time. tired of hearing you wine about it.
    its "whine"

its "whine"
    However you spell it boomer, it sounds like a bitch.
    Last edited by SideWinder; 02-21-2007 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Removed disclaimer... : )

Make sure you go to Xikar's website and register your warranty; they'll send you a free leather cover for your cutter...

If you go to 'register warranty' on xikar's website and specify that you bought a cutter, they'll send you a free leather cover for it.
    edit: ... I didn't really mean to post this twice, didn't see the "moderator has to approve this message" notification the first time.
    Last edited by ReV; 02-23-2007 at 12:39 AM.

Thread Information