Thread: Has Anyone Had This Cigar?

Default Has Anyone Had This Cigar?

So I was surfing Cigar.com to see if they had any good deals today. I noticed that they had a cigar in stock the famous Gurkha His Majesty''s Reserve. Then I noticed the price. I thought I put the link up to see if anyone wanted to get the cigar and put a review up (samples would be greatley appreciated as well), as I highly doubt I will ever buy the cigar before I net $1 Million + a year. Well here is the link if you are interested in purchasing a box or single (though you might want to first look at getting a second mortgage on the house):

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=456

You can sometimes find them on Cbid for $175-$250/ea

I'd suggest trying the gold wax, purple wax, platinum wax tubos in that order to see if you would even appreciate the green wax model.

I think it it was to much hype IMO. Supposedly he is coming out with an even more expensive cigar soon. Around $100K a box.

Wow. Thats damn expensive. I would love to try one. what size are they?

C'mon, Some things are just obvious.

If somebody spends that much money they ought to be the suckee, not the sucker.

bigsmoke Guest

Sounds like a funny cigar to me. What is next?

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

I dont see what the big hype is.....Ghurka is a quality cigar, not an "OMG I have to have that cigar because its the best." I've smoked quite a few different smokes by Ghurka and I cant say they stand out that much from the pack if at all. No one way in hell I'd pay anything over $25 for a stick. I don't see how a $100 or $100 cigar or whatever rediculous priced cigar can taste better than a $25 cigar or even a quality $10 stick.

Quote Originally Posted by dHUTCH View Post
    I dont see what the big hype is.....Ghurka is a quality cigar, not an "OMG I have to have that cigar because its the best." I've smoked quite a few different smokes by Ghurka and I cant say they stand out that much from the pack if at all. No one way in hell I'd pay anything over $25 for a stick. I don't see how a $100 or $100 cigar or whatever rediculous priced cigar can taste better than a $25 cigar or even a quality $10 stick.
    I would bet that the people who buy this stick don't do it because it's a great cigar, they do it so that they can say they smoke 'the most expensive cigar in the world'. It's the same as a lot of other extremely high priced goods, it's not about the product, but the prestige that comes with owning it.

coors_ca Guest

appealling to the high end novelty consumer is a business plan we'd all like to follow but don't have the balls.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coors_ca View Post
    appealling to the high end novelty consumer is a business plan we'd all like to follow but don't have the balls.
    Interesting point but I don't think K. Hansotia (Ghurka) has the reputation to pull it off. JC Newman (Fuente) has the necessary reputation and has been successful apealling to the high end consumers.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

bigsmoke Guest

I for one will pass on these types of over hyped cigars.

Thread Information