Thread: Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Torpedo

Default Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Torpedo

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Torpedo – I had this guy while watching football today. It took maybe ¾” before it really opened up. When it did, it had the taste of rich caramel, and spice. The taste was pretty consistent through out the smoke. My Jack and Coke went well with it. It did have some minor burn issues. While I had a drink which went well with the flavor, I don’t think I like these guys. I don’t like my caramel to be overwhelmed or overpowered by spices which was the case. All in all, I wasn’t overly excited by this cigar. I don’t think I’d get it again, but I’d try others by Torano. I’ve had the Casa Torano which is a freaking awesome morning cigar! Once the cigar open’s up it’s a great accompaniment to your morning coffee. If anyone is interested in doing a box split of these, I’m game.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Heathen!

just kidding

The Exodus 1959 is my favorite cigar. As they say to each his own. I have every size they make and plan on getting more. Try the Signature Perfecto. It is a sungrown Brazillian Maduro. Very tasty.
    Sometimes the 59 Habano 2000 and variety of filler can be a bit much. One thing I do with all my 59's is let them sit a few months thensmoke them. Some of the flavors blend and mellow.

Baron
    Remember to breathe

I - too like the Exodus 59s. Never had one I did not like. I have to agree with some burning issues with the Torps as well as the Perfectos. The Toros burn the straightest, imho.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

4. Default

I like them ,smoke em by the box . Hex has a nice sale on them right now on his site
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

I agree with the Casa Torano's being a a great morning cigar. They are pretty smooth, but still have some body. I like the Reserva Selecta Natural's for morning smokes as well.

Link to sale: Torano Exodus 1959. I'm going to extend it untill tommorrow night, so you still have a little time to think about it.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Default Toranos

Yeah Hex has some great deals and he is fast on the shipping

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    I agree with the Casa Torano's being a a great morning cigar. They are pretty smooth, but still have some body. I like the Reserva Selecta Natural's for morning smokes as well.

Link to sale: Torano Exodus 1959. I'm going to extend it untill tommorrow night, so you still have a little time to think about it.

OH SO TEMPTING!!!!!

Awesome price, great cigar, had one last night
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Oh so tempting to buy that box, but I dont have the $80 to spend on a box for myself less than a month from Christmas.

One of my fav smokes. So tasty and smooth.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Looks like I may need visit the toro or robusto.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

A great cigar, as is the whole line. The more I smoke 'em, the more I like 'em.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

I love the dble coronas. Mmmm

Since I initialy started this thread back in November, I've had two more Exodus's. I have not been happy with either one. The construction is great, it draws fine, and it looks oily. I however just do not like the flavor profile. I've given up on these. You all can have my share.

I have to agree with Juan, I tried one of these off of reviews on here and other places, but I just didn't enjoy it. To me the spice completely overpowered the cigar, but that may just be from me being a complete newb. But I got another torpedo size in a sampler I purchased so I'm going to let it sit a while and try it again.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Well, I'll chime in, I am a fan of the Exodus Gold Label, especially the torpedo. I can understand why you would not like it if you don't like spice in your cigars. But for me, I smoke these at least once per week.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I like 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    I like 'em
    Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    Well, I'll chime in, I am a fan of the Exodus Gold Label, especially the torpedo. I can understand why you would not like it if you don't like spice in your cigars. But for me, I smoke these at least once per week.
    You both just voided any memebership for the No Gold Exodus 1959 club.
    Looks like its me and Dan.

Blog Entries

These are usually my go to smokes. You know that feeling when you open up your humidor and nothing you see jumps out at you? I usually jump right to the Exodus 1959's toro's/torpedos. I like a good medium bodied smoke though.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

also a go to smoke of mine along with the sancho panza dbl m. speaking of which, i need another box, been smoking like 2 a day.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

I like them, the robustos are my fav. Perfecto's are bad but I would prefer if those weren't box pressed.

I actually find them a little mild.

I've been on a la flor dominicana dbl Ligero kick for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    I like them, the robustos are my fav. Perfecto's are bad but I would prefer if those weren't box pressed.

I actually find them a little mild.

I've been on a la flor dominicana dbl Ligero kick for a while now.

Not to hijack a thread about 59's, but those dble ligs are one of my faves!

Thread Information