Thread: Caridad?

Arrow Caridad?

Hi, as you guys can tell, I'm new to this forum. I saw the ad for the 25 caridad cigars for $9.95. I was just wondering if this is a good deal or if I should hold off and try other smokes. Also, what style do you reccommend?

One more thing. If I do buy them, how should I store them? I don't have a humidor and usually when I buy cigars I just buy singles from my local cigar shop and smoke them that day or right then, so I've never had to store them before. Any suggestions? I heard about the "coolidor" but i have to idea how to set it up. Can someone explain the concept to me?

Thanks again for any help,
    Wayne
    Last edited by borovy3488; 02-22-2007 at 04:03 PM. Reason: content
    Wanna-be beach bum.

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
    “Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.”
    - A VERY wise man from Mississippi

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord, for thee..."

you get what you pay for. Also, when the retailer says they are just ok, and he is selling them, it should tip you off that these are crap.

Quote Originally Posted by borovy3488 View Post
    Hi, as you guys can tell, I'm new to this forum. I saw the ad for the 25 caridad cigars for $9.95. I was just wondering if this is a good deal or if I should hold off and try other smokes. Also, what style do you reccommend?

Thanks,
    Wayne
    I have not had them but based on my limited experience, you get what you pay for. I personally would shy away from them after reading the following intro at famous-smoke:
    ...Truth be told, they're not all perfect, and when you look at the price, you pretty much get what you pay for. But for the most part they're a decent, everyday stick. Good for smoking with your favorite brew, but you're probably better off giving them away as handouts to the neighborhood grubbers.

The following threads maybe helpful:
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t7131-a-...ice-cigar.html
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthread.php?p=58443
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t1649-go...er-cigars.html

Hope that helps,
    -Chad
    Last edited by chadth; 02-22-2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by chadth View Post
    ...Truth be told, they're not all perfect, and when you look at the price, you pretty much get what you pay for. But for the most part they're a decent, everyday stick. Good for smoking with your favorite brew, but you're probably better off giving them away as handouts to the neighborhood grubbers.

Now that's a sales pitch if I ever heard one. After reading that it doesn't sound like something I would jump on.

Haha..whatever. For $13 shipping I bought 25 of them. If anything they are a great cigar to hand out when you get leeches at your house that cannot appreciate a good cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    Haha..whatever. For $13 shipping I bought 25 of them. If anything they are a great cigar to hand out when you get leeches at your house that cannot appreciate a good cigar.
    hahah, hopefully my newbie sampler goes out before those arrive

Nice, we will need a review.

yea I will still smoke at least one. But that will probably be it.

I actually didn't think they were too bad. They are very mild, a little too loose, produce clouds of smoke and are on level, in my opinion, with Connies. I bought a bunch a whilke ago to give to leechers
    Jia Li
    1345 Washtenaw Ave
    Ann Arbor, MI

Thread Information