Thread: Puros Indios Reserva robusto review

Default Puros Indios Reserva robusto review

(posted here and to ASC)

Having smoked several of Puros Indios regular lines, I wasn't expecting anything trancendant out of this cigar, though it was my first taste of the Reserva line. We've got a full-on blizzard going on here right now, but tonight, I had a powerful desire to watch the snow with a cigar and a nice Scotch. Grabbed the PI robusto I got in a trade awhile back and kicked back.

Wow - man, was I in for a surprise. This stick was fantastic. Best I've smoked in the new year (far better than the PSD4 I had last night). Just a full, rich flavor throughout, with notes of vanilla and cream. The draw was perfect & the cigar provided big, billowing puffs of smoke and held a flakey grey ash that showed no signs of dropping at over an inch (when I knocked it off).

The only downside was that in the final third, it was really coming apart. I don't fault the cigar, though. I was outside on the front step, sheltered from the snow and wind for the most part, but not entirely, and was wearing gloves, so the cigar was getting quite a bit of extra punishment from my grip (not as gentle with the gloves).

This stick is going to the head of my to-buy list. Strongly recommended.

Wow - never seen a post buried so fast.

Thread Information