Thread: I have a little problem

Default I have a little problem

In the past few months, I have been taking notes on my cigar experiences (sp?) either mentally or on a log I started (BTW thank you chefchris for your log, it had stuff I didn't know I was paying attention to). In this log, I have been doing basically a review that more than likely only I would understand (it is extremely basic as I am not that complexed). I have tried to develop some sort of system for me to look back at when heading to the B&M or ordering online for which cigars I like so I can get some more or which type I like so I can try some similar. Well here is the problem, other than a couple that I did not like at all, all of the cigars I have smoked (AF, CAO, Acid, RP, Graycliff) I have liked. I have been able to start to distinguish different things I like, so I don't like the same things in all cigars, but for the most part other than a few cigars, I wouldn't mind smoking all the cigars I have already smoked again. While I am not overly upset about this, as I suppose it is a good problem I am begining to realize that I will soon run into problem with lack of space and more importantly $$$. Oh well, let me get out the help wanted ads for that extra job I will be needing.

Evidence is earlier I went outside to smoke a Dirt by Drew Estate with the intention on smoking it just to get it out of a small tupperware container I have been keeping it in so I could begin the process of retiring the container with all my Acids. Only problem is I went outside and had a great smoke..

Sorry, I realize I could have just edited the previous post....

bigsmoke Guest

Just try something totally new and see if you like it. Maybe buy an assortment of single cigars and give some new stuff a try. Sooner or later you will expand your horizons.

Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    In the past few months, I have been taking notes on my cigar experiences (sp?) either mentally or on a log I started (BTW thank you chefchris for your log, it had stuff I didn't know I was paying attention to). In this log, I have been doing basically a review that more than likely only I would understand (it is extremely basic as I am not that complexed). I have tried to develop some sort of system for me to look back at when heading to the B&M or ordering online for which cigars I like so I can get some more or which type I like so I can try some similar. Well here is the problem, other than a couple that I did not like at all, all of the cigars I have smoked (AF, CAO, Acid, RP, Graycliff) I have liked. I have been able to start to distinguish different things I like, so I don't like the same things in all cigars, but for the most part other than a few cigars, I wouldn't mind smoking all the cigars I have already smoked again. While I am not overly upset about this, as I suppose it is a good problem I am begining to realize that I will soon run into problem with lack of space and more importantly $$$. Oh well, let me get out the help wanted ads for that extra job I will be needing.
    that answers your question.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Wheatfield, NY (Suburbs of Buffalo/Niagara Falls)

I bought a few sampler packs for CI and it starts to give you a better 'understanding' for the different flavors, spices, etc that come out in a smoke. I think you will find many cigars that you like and a few that just don't cut it. Eventually you will get some real favorites. I have a somewhat freakish variety, but, I like what I like. EX:

After dinner I like a Joya de Nicargua, but before dinner I may have a Cusano 18.

Plus, I love to golf and I would never, EVER attempt to play a round with a Joya!

Thread Information