Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's in your cup?

1. Default

Colombian Cup of Excellence 1st place winner from "La Isla" farm. Caramel, slight honey, some floral notes. Ms. Yasso, the grower of this coffee, is the first female farmer to take first place in this coffee competition. Easy to see why. Enjoy your Sunday, folks.

Indulgence

One of the best ways to become disciplined is to indulge yourself on a regular basis. At first that might sound contradictory. When you think about it, though, indulgence can be a key tool in developing and maintaining discipline.
    Discipline always requires denial. For example, if you want to discipline yourself to lose weight, you must deny yourself fattening foods. When you discipline yourself to work hard toward achieving goals you've set for yourself, you deny yourself some of the "fun" activities of life.

We're only human, though, and we need incentives along the way. One powerful incentive is to keep yourself focused on your goals, on the objects of your discipline. Another good way is to schedule a regular indulgence. It's better if your indulgence is something you do regularly -- every day, every week. It is important to be able to look forward to it. And when the time comes, enjoy it. Savor every minute without the least bit of guilt. Take time for yourself and reward yourself for your hard work and discipline. And remember that you'll get the opportunity again and there's no need to "binge." (I use "binge" here in a generic sense, not just as it applies to food.)

One powerful way to take this concept to a higher level is to develop indulgences that actually enhance your discipline. A good example of this is physical exercise. If you can find an exercise that it also a true indulgence, then you can discipline and indulge at the same time. That is a powerful combination.

Try a little indulgence -- you deserve it and it will help to keep you on track.

Blog Entries

Today, Killer Beans "Caribbean Cut throat"

Killer Beans Brazilian Bombshell.

Killer Beans Nicaraguan Knife Fight here. Caribbean Cut Throat is on this evenings menu!

5. Default

Yirgacheffe MAO. Wow.

Happiness is now

As long as you are preparing to be happy, you will not be. If you continue to see happiness as some distant goal to be reached, you will not experience it. Happiness is now. The only time you can ever experience it is the moment that you are in. Happiness is unconditional. When you put conditions on happiness, it immediately disappears.

Happiness makes no judgments or demands. When you focus on judging others and making demands of them, it drives happiness away from your life. Though happiness is simple and uncomplicated, it is at the same time profound and sophisticated. For when you allow yourself to be truly happy, the positive energy can reach into every corner of your life. Set aside the complaints, excuses, conditions and demands, and make a place for happiness in your world. Be happy, and you'll discover a whole new level of life's richness.

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Folgers original with Splenda. Yep, I am a coffee snob.
    Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes View Post
    Kirkland Signature Decaf, roasted by Starbucks and brewed through a $9 coffee maker with a (gasp) paper filter. No milk, no cream, no sugar, no artificial sweetener.

Maybe SLC and I should open a coffee shop.
    You looking for another partner ?...... Kirkland is a staple every morning (not the decaf)

I just started using a French Press......

KONA is still my favorite.....

Jamaican Blue mountain is also good .... too expensive
    Last edited by Bkcloud114; 03-05-2007 at 08:25 AM.
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Drinking some nasty ass construction trailer coffee with sugar and those non-dairy creamers from 7-11. I'd drink Folgers Instant over this crap any day of the week. Unfortunitly, I'm getting used to this crap.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

bigpoppapuff Guest

drinking a "city blend" that i think i got from hefty..???......very good....looking forward to getting my taina from unclrbeanz.....and for you folgers guys (yuck)...check out "beanz" prices.......

35 pence cup of diesel bought from the canteen by a colleague. Put hairs on your chest (and other parts)
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe View Post
    Put hairs on your chest (and other parts)
    Or burn 'em off!

11. Default

Yemen Mohka Matari - Smooth, berry, dense, delish. Enjoy yer Tuesday, folks!

Rediscover

Some of the greatest treasures in your life may be things you set aside long ago. Often it pays to go back and take a look. A book you read years ago may now hold much more meaning. A friend from whom you once grew apart may now have much more in common with you. There is a reason why people, places, things and events come into your life. Be careful that you're not too quick to discard them.

The things that interested you in your youth still have a message for you today. They can tell you about who you truly are. Just because something is old and familiar, does not mean it is irrelevant. Values, passions and purposes grow more robust with time and experience. You've arrived at this moment carrying a lifetime of valuable treasures. Now is your opportunity to see those treasures in a whole new light.

12. Default

Unclebeanz Negrita Blend. Caramel, cocoa tightly weaved into a single cup. I haven't had Negrita in a while, but I roasted an extra batch this weekend to become re-acquainted with deliciousness. Be well.

Practice patience

People who cause you problems also give you something of real and lasting positive value. They provide you with the opportunity to practice and build your patience. Patience is a profoundly powerful and useful thing to have. It can bring real value into your life in almost any situation. With patience, you can achieve a thousand times more than what you could achieve without it. With patience, you can listen, learn, work and prosper instead of lashing out at every frustration.

Patience enables you to see and to experience rich treasures that you otherwise would have missed completely. Patience gives you the ability to forge deep and meaningful connections with others. Practice patience, and you avoid costly careless mistakes. Live with patience, and you have the persistence to create great things. Be truly thankful for each opportunity you receive to strengthen your patience. For it will surely bring new richness to your life.

13. Default

UB's Taina. Sweet crisp and directly to the point. Delicious. Enjoy your day folks.

The power of forgiveness

Inflicting pain on someone else cannot do anything to ease your own pain. When you have been hurt, there is nothing to be gained by passing the hurt on to another. When others have caused you pain, give forgiveness. Sincere forgiveness is the fastest way to begin moving positively forward again. Forgiveness does not mean that you agree with or condone whatever has been done. It means that you no longer choose to let those past actions hold you back.

Your willingness to forgive does not mean that you are willing to be hurt again. In fact, forgiveness frees you to take positive steps that will make you stronger and much less vulnerable. When you feel the desire for revenge, stop and remind yourself that there is a much more powerful response. Forgiveness is the way to put yourself in the best possible position. Can you find the strength to forgive? Forgive, and you will surely grow stronger.

bigpoppapuff Guest

taina for me,as well......mmmmgood.....nice to start the day...

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Killer Beans KKO for me this morning, coarse grind in a French Press.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm good.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

I'm having my third cup of Killer Beans Electric Chair Espresso. I think this is my new favorite.

Doi Chaang Single-estate medium roast. Coarse grind in my french press.

Amazing beans, however Jerry's beans still beat them for taste/$.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

18. Default

Kenya AA Oaklands. A recent sample I received. Very typical, wild and fruit in the cup. Sweet. May need to investigate further. I love my job....Have a great Friday!

Allow enjoyment

Find something to enjoy and to sincerely value about whatever you are doing. And you will add power and effectiveness to your efforts. Realize that anything is enjoyable to you solely because you have decided for it to be enjoyable. It's a decision that can create much value. Instead of fighting against your own actions, give energy to them. Instead of making yourself miserable, allow yourself to enjoy.

It's great when you can make positive plans and enjoy following through on them. Yet even when things don't turn out as planned, you can find something to value and enjoy. Learn to find enjoyment in life's surprises, and those surprises can yield great treasure. Choose to enjoy those times when you get knocked off track, and you'll discover the quickest way to get back on track. You are at your best when truly enjoying life. So allow enjoyment to bring out your best in every situation.

Killer Beans Caribbean Cuttthroat. Time for a refill.

Green Mountain Coffee, Dark Magic.

Thread Information