Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's in your cup?

1. Default

A delicious cup of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe. Citrus notes up front, a deep resonant cocoa as the coffee cools. Amazing. Enjoy your Saturday, folks.

Seek to give

Whatever you desire for yourself, desire it for others as well. That will help to take you beyond the constraining influence of your ego. There is nothing of any value to be gained by taking from others. For anything you take away from someone else can just as easily be taken from you.

Instead, choose to become the living embodiment of that which you wish to have. Give energy and focus and action to your dreams, and those dreams will come to life all around you. The more people who benefit from your positive thoughts and efforts, the more quickly those efforts will bring valuable results. To experience great abundance, be a channel through which that abundance can flow.

Make a positive difference that extends into the lives around you. Create value that goes beyond you. It is by giving that you make room to receive even more. Seek to give what you wish to have, and it will surely become real for you.

2. Default

2006 Sumatra Kuda Mas Lingtong. The rock steady bass clef in my staccato coffee collection. Smooth, low acid, perfection. Enjoy what is starting out to be a beautiful Sunday.

Clarity

Are your goals real and clear to you, or are they just vague concepts? The more vividly you can see where you desire to go, the more effectively you can determine how to get there. "I want to see the world" is an ambitious enough goal, yet it has little power because it lacks compelling detail. Adding the specifics such as "I intend to sail across the Pacific Ocean, to hike through the Alps, to stand on the Great Wall of China" will flesh out the goal, making it real and achievable.

Do you want to buy someone "the perfect gift?" You cannot do that until you define what specific item that would be. Intentions must be clear if they're to be achieved.

Give details to your desires, and you'll give wings to your dreams. Knowing precisely what you want will naturally lead you to precisely how to achieve it. If you're not getting where you desire to go, work on making the goal more clear and specific. Every vivid detail will further define and direct your efforts. See the goal clearly enough, and you'll clearly see the way there.

bigpoppapuff Guest

just took my first sip of taina (for today).....i made a bit more this morning....more to enjoy....

4. Default

2007 Ethiopian Natural Sidamo. Load with berry and deep dry cocoa. Be well.

5. Default

2007 Natural Sidamo. Berries and cocoa. A miracle in a cup. Be well.

View of life

If you want to be miserable, then get yourself around other people who are miserable. If you wish to be joyful, successful and fulfilled, put yourself around those who live with positive purpose. The more energy you put into complaining about how bad things are, the more things you'll have to complain about. The more intensely you visualize how good things can be, the better they will become.

You are naturally drawn to whatever you focus upon. You will see precisely the opportunities and possibilities that you prepare yourself to see. Each day is filled with so many choices and directions that you cannot possibly connect to them all. The ones you do connect with are the ones that most closely resonate with your view of life. Fortunately, you can choose to view life in whatever way you wish. Those who find the best in life are those who continually remind themselves that all the good and valuable things are most certainly there. See your life as a grand opportunity for love and joy, achievement and fulfillment. And that's exactly what it will be.

6. Default

Ethiopian Yrg. Went a bit too dark with it, but delish nonetheless. Be well.

Power of acceptance

When the world seems to be falling down around you, you can choose to fall down with it or you can choose a more positive path. Acceptance will put you on that positive path. Fighting against negativity only produces more negativity. Yet when you accept what is, no matter how terrible and difficult it may be, you put yourself in a position to start changing it for the better.

Acceptance does not mean giving in or giving up. It means moving on, as in moving on ahead. There is simply no point in fighting battles which have already been lost, nor is there any point in allowing the loss to continue to slow you down. The smart strategy is to accept it and then put all your energy toward a positive pursuit. Acceptance does not mean allowing others to take advantage of you. It simply means that you look realistically at what has happened and allow yourself to see the positive opportunities that are most certainly there. Once you accept what is, you are free to move positively forward. Once you quit fighting, you are free to start achieving.

7. Default

The magical Ethiopian Yirgacheffe MAO. Great body and flavor. A much need kick this morning. Be well.

Fail forward

Failure is not the opposite of success. Failure is an important component of success. Suppose you set an objective, take action, and then fail to reach that objective on the first attempt. Even though you have experienced a failure, you're in much better shape than you were before you started.

Because you've just learned, in a compelling and meaningful way, what doesn't work. And that puts you well on the way to finding what does work. The greatest achievements of all time are built upon multiple failures. The greatest achievers are those who are willing to experience failure on their way to the success they know will most certainly come. No one sets out with the intention of failing. Yet when failure comes, it is nothing to be ashamed of, and no reason to give up. Learn to see failure as just another step in the process of success. And even when the failures come, they will serve to move you forward.

bigpoppapuff Guest

i enjoyed two mugs of kona....home roasted and gifted to me by bigmike from HP...might brew a couple more for late afternoon.....de-lish!!!

9. Default

2006 COE 1st place winner from Brazil (The Farm of Hope).
    Un-be-freakin-lievably good. Too bad all of this coffee went to Japan and Taiwan. Be well.

Say yes to life

Say yes more often to life and life will more often say yes to you. Accept more of the opportunities that come your way and your best possibilities will be more fully realized. It can be intimidating and uncomfortable to go off in a direction you've never traveled before. Ultimately, though, the sting of regret for not following an opportunity is much more painful than the discomfort of pushing yourself into unfamiliar territory.

The fullness of life comes to those who choose to truly live it. That choice is presented in every moment as you are exposed to a continuous stream of possibilities. There's nothing to be gained by seeking to run off in every direction at once. Yet there is much to be gained by following the best of the possibilities that offer themselves to you. Life's magnificent abundance is experienced by those who are willing to eagerly jump into it. To know great and wonderful things, you must make yourself available to live your way through them. Choose to say yes a little bit more often. Life's richness and meaning grow as you do.

10. Default

2007 Washed Sidamo. Berry to cocoa. Flavor changer from sip to sip. Delish.
    Be well.

You have this day

You have this day, this moment. No one has any more or any less.

Thinking that you are too old, or too young, or too much this, or too little that, is merely a deception you impose upon yourself. Focus instead on what you can do right now. This is a moment to take your most highly cherished values and put them into action.

This is the day to give life to your dreams. Right now you have the opportunity to do something with this day. Right now you are in a position to express the beautiful, unique person you are. No matter what the circumstances may be, the conditions are always right for making a positive contribution in your own special way. Whatever may have happened before, this moment right now is when you can make a difference. Consider how truly fortunate you are to be here in this moment. Then get going and make something great out of that good fortune.

11. Default

Ahhh...Monkey King Green tea with a '99 Cohiba Siglo III. A great combo/

12. Default

Java Estates. Smooth, chocolatey wow. Aside from cuppings, I've never tried it before today. Just roasted it yesterday. Nice cup so far.

Choose freedom

Freedom is difficult work. It would be much easier to let yourself be enslaved by the opinions of others, by your desire for comfort and familiarity, or by your quest for empty sensations. Yet freedom it well worth the effort. For it makes a whole world of wonderful things possible. True freedom demands that you think for yourself and live with an authentic, meaningful purpose that is uniquely you. Those things require effort, commitment, creativity and persistence.

If freedom is to endure in your life, it must be supported by your own responsibility. For without responsibility, freedom quickly decays into meaningless anarchy. Freedom can be intimidating, because it constantly asks you to make decisions. Yet that is also what makes freedom so liberating, for it gives you the power to choose. You have within you the desire, the ability and the strength to live with freedom. Choose freedom, nourish and support it, and that freedom will bring real richness to your world.

bigpoppapuff Guest

taina,again today....very nice way to start the day....

java estates...hmmmm....tell me more...

Green Mountain Winter Blend Medium Roast, 2 cups.

Monsooned Malabar
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

16. Default

java estates...hmmmm....tell me more...
    A common coffee used in blends because of its low acidity and smoothness. This is very nice on its own. Some bags I've encountered in the past were hit or miss, but this seems to be spot on. Not sure whether I will be offering this....yet.
    Last edited by novasurf; 03-20-2007 at 04:33 PM.

17. Default

In the afternoon I had a doppio cappuccino, and in the evening I had a doppio breve latte.

18. Default

Yesterday it was a dopio vanilla cappuccino.

Thread Information