Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's in your cup?

1. Default What's in your cup?

Today's coffee is Ethiopian Yrgacheffe MAO. Dropped before second crack. Citrus to caramel for a few then to earthy cocoa. Very complex cup of an extremely versatile bean.

A quick note: Many have asked what does MAO stand for? It's Mohamed Abdullahi Ogsadey. He was the first native African coffee exporter who built a coffee empire in his country and throught the world. And he ALWAYS gave back to those in his coffee food chain. He was killed in February last year in an auto accident. He was in his mid 80's. May he rest in peace.

And he was right: "A good name is far better than a good deal of money."

bigpoppapuff Guest

enjoying a brazilian blend.....nice morning coffee....it's gone and i'm ready for sometning new...

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

This morning I treated myself to Cubita coffee in a 6 cup Bialetti stove-top. Three double faux-Espressos and I was well lit, fulla piss & vinegar & ready for anything work could throw at me.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Blog Entries

I'm just sitting down to a cup of cafe con leche made with Cafe Pilon. I brought in one of those $25 Mr Coffee espresso machines to use in the office a couple of weeks back. Its not all gourmet and stuff, but it beats a $4 late from Starbucks.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Default Paging Hex!!

How do you make your Cafe en Leche?

I'm going to be aking my first today with a double shot out of the Bialetti, about 6 oz of milk heated on the stove to ~ 150 deg F and maybe a teaspoon of suger. Any recommendations outside of that?
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by novasurf View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhh, no sugar!!!

Thanks. Maybe I'll have 2 at lunch. 1 with sugar, and one without!!

Blog Entries

No sugar??? Blasphemy!

Cuban coffee should always have extra sugar in it. If you think it’s just sweet enough, add another teaspoon...

I just get a cup, fill it about half way (maybe a little more) with milk, add some sugar. Nuke it for a minute in the microwave and top it off with the espresso I just brewed.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

8. Default

It needs sugar, no doubt. I remember it to be VERY sweet.

Dounkin Donuts Coffee, Medium, extra sugar, extra milk. Good stuff!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    No sugar??? Blasphemy!

Cuban coffee should always have extra sugar in it. If you think it’s just sweet enough, add another teaspoon...

I just get a cup, fill it about half way (maybe a little more) with milk, add some sugar. Nuke it for a minute in the microwave and top it off with the espresso I just brewed.
    It needs sugar, no doubt. I remember it to be VERY sweet.
    I had one with 1/2 teaspoon of suger, and one with no sugar. While both were very good, I did prefer the one with sugar. Not something I could drink alot of though, very VERY rich, even made with 1% milk (now THAT's balsphemous).

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    Dounkin Donuts Coffee, Medium, extra sugar, extra milk. Good stuff!
    Jon, if you ever go anywhere and see a Tim Horton's coffee place, go in and ask for a double/double. Timmy's smokes Dunkin Donuts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    I had one with 1/2 teaspoon of suger, and one with no sugar. While both were very good, I did prefer the one with sugar. Not something I could drink alot of though, very VERY rich, even made with 1% milk (now THAT's balsphemous).

Jon, if you ever go anywhere and see a Tim Horton's coffee place, go in and ask for a double/double. Timmy's smokes Dunkin Donuts!!!
    What is a double/double? I feel like that is a double shot of espresso with 2 pounds of sugar judging form this thread and your prefered strenght of coffee.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Folgers original with Splenda. Yep, I am a coffee snob.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Blog Entries

Kirkland Signature Decaf, roasted by Starbucks and brewed through a $9 coffee maker with a (gasp) paper filter. No milk, no cream, no sugar, no artificial sweetener.

Maybe SLC and I should open a coffee shop.

14. Default

Today's coffee is Ethiopian Yrgacheffe MAO.
    Saw a show last night about coffee. A group of experts in blind taste tests said this was possibly the best coffee to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    What is a double/double? I feel like that is a double shot of espresso with 2 pounds of sugar judging form this thread and your prefered strenght of coffee.
    Just extra sugar & extra cream. My future son-in-law (uggghhhhh) drinks extra-large triple-triple. It's like a little coffee thrown into a cup almost full of sugar & cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    Just extra sugar & extra cream. My future son-in-law (uggghhhhh) drinks extra-large triple-triple. It's like a little coffee thrown into a cup almost full of sugar & cream.
    I had a coach in High School who drank a good dozen cups of coffee a day and probably went through a good pound of sugar too. He was incredibly hyper and short. Scientific proof that drinking a lot of coffee will stunt your growth. I on the other hand have been drinking coffee since 2nd grade and am tall, but that has not been scientifically linked to my coffee intake.

17. Default

Unclebeanz Taina graces our cups this morning. Simply sparkling cup. Folks, have an awesome Saturday, wherever you are.

The courage to be you

You are unique, with your own special beauty and value to give to life. What a terrible shame it would be if you were to let that beauty be hidden behind your fears. When you worry that you're not good enough, you allow others to control you, and their domination will soon make you miserable. Or when you fool yourself into thinking you're superior to everyone else, you deny yourself the exquisite joy of offering your own special gifts to life.

It takes courage and faith, effort and initiative to be who you are. And it is so very much worth the effort. Though no one else can do it for you, you have what it takes to be magnificently successful at being you. From the deepest secrets of your soul to the face you put forward to the world, every bit of you is meant to be the authentic and original person you are. Listen to that quiet, persistent voice inside that you know is always right. This is your opportunity to fulfill and express the real and lasting joy of being you. Let the beautiful person inside of you come more fully to life as each moment passes. Let yourself, and the world around you, know the joy and fulfillment that is meant just for you to express.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Folgers original with Splenda. Yep, I am a coffee snob.
    Lowlife LOL

I had folgers FRENCH ROAST with generic splenda
    The older I get ,the better I was

I rotate between Barney's offerings. Eithopian, Columbian, Puerto Rican, Java, and such. I grind my own every morning and make it fairly strong. My wife dilutes it in half for her cup. And yes there is sugar, not alot, just enough to take the edge out of it. Although I do like a coffee with a bit of bite. Sorry Folgers you are just too tame!

Thread Information