Thread: I'm So Excited, And I Just Can't Hide It

Default I'm So Excited, And I Just Can't Hide It

I'm returning my triple blade cutters again because they broke. Called CubanCrafters.com to see if I could just get store credit and they said that was fine. So I got home last night and started looking around their site to see what I wanted. I clicked on stores for some reason and saw that there was one in West Point, MS which is about 45 min - 1 hour away from here. Me and Sarah were gonna hang out but had no plans at all, so I called her to see if she wanted to go with me. She agreed. So off we went, I smoked a Padron 2k that I got from a trade with C Juan (i think) on the way down. Very good cigar. We find it and it's this little shop that looks just like a small gas station. I didn't have a good feeling. I walk in and I see a walk-in in the back and another display case beside it. Feeling Better. I walk in and there's a group of guys sitting down and a guy asks if there's anything I'm looking for. I've been thinking about getting another box of the DK Browns so I asked if he carried any. He did and he showed me where they were. And so begins the start of an amazing friendship.

We just start talking cigars. I mean, really talking cigars. I did not know how much information I had retained because I had never talked cigars with someone in person. But man, I was spittin' out facts and background information like you wouldn't believe ... heck, like I wouldn't believe. I hope Sarah was impressed. Anyways, I was having a blast. He starts giving me free cigars and giving me some suggestions to try. By this point, I was silly with excitement. He even picked out some smokes for Sarah. He giftet her a RP Vintage 99 Connecticut and I got her a tin of Carlos Torano Exodus 1959. Right before we left he asked if I had ever had a VSG. We had been talking about them earlier, and I replied that I had not. He said grab one. I said no. He said, 'No it's on the house'. I said, 'That's a freaking $10 stick and I'm not taking it'. So he grabbed it and gave it to Sarah, I told her I was gonna make her smoke it on the way home. We went to the counter to check out and I notice he was just looking at the cigars and typing in prices, I said "I don't see how you remember all those prices," He replied, "I don't I'm marking them down lower than I know they are." Then threw in a nice double-bladed cutter and the newest CA magazine. I think we spent about 2 hours in there and he stayed in there an extra 30 minutes after he closed just to talk. Walked out only paying $40 even. Insane! The tins alone were suppose to be $10.

Here's what I walked out with:

x2 Flor de Oliva Torp
    x2 Padron 2000
    Cuban Crafters Cameroon
    La Aroma de Cuba
    Trilogy Ovation Cameroon
    Gran Habano Corojo #5
    DK Brown Figurado
    CT '59 tins
    Nording Torpedo

Free:
    RP 99 Connecticut
    x4 Partagas Shorts
    Cusano Corojo
    Ashton VSG Torpedo
    Padilla

I found out he has a cigar event every third Wed. I believe he said Camacho was gonna be there this month with a roller and everything. I could be mistaken about the label, but somebody's gonna be there with a roller and I'm excited. If it is Camacho, I hope I'm not forced to smoke one.

Anyways, I wanted to share my excitement with you guys. You've heard me cry about wanting a B&M for quite some time. And I know it's a little early to be drinking, but the only reason I can sit and talk cigars with someone is because of you dudes. I've gotten 98% of my knowledge here and I'm grateful. That is all.

Chris
    Last edited by chefchris; 03-05-2007 at 01:54 PM.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Blog Entries

Chris didn't I all ready talk to you about using the ?

Glad you had a good time.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

john51277 Guest

Can I get a HELL YEAH??

Well thats great you found a cool shop owner. Hope the next visit is as good for ya.

Blog Entries

That's awesome Chris.

Sweet. Sounds like you had a good day!

Sweet!!

Rolling events are cool. Only thing about them is that it's hard to rool a cigar

awesome man, sounds like a great time, and more to come

john51277 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by COMB2 View Post
    Sweet!!

Rolling events are cool. Only thing about them is that it's hard to rool a cigar

I have actually never rooled a cigar, how do you do it? can you teach me???

Sounds like an awesome store.

Quote Originally Posted by john51277 View Post
    I have actually never rooled a cigar, how do you do it? can you teach me???

That's why it's so hard

That sounds awesome Chris. It takes me 45 minutes to get to my "local" b&m. Isn't West Point near Columbus? My wife has some family down in Columbus. I'll give you a heads up next time we head down there. It sounds like a good excuse to get me away from the in-laws.

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    That sounds awesome Chris. It takes me 45 minutes to get to my "local" b&m. Isn't West Point near Columbus? My wife has some family down in Columbus. I'll give you a heads up next time we head down there. It sounds like a good excuse to get me away from the in-laws.
    I belive it is. Not sure, I dont know where anything is. I know it's near Starkville. Let me know if you ever wanna go to an event, you could just meet me in Tupelo and we could ride down together.

Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

That sounds liek an awsome owner! Definitely soudns liek a store to be your main haunt
    Jia Li
    1345 Washtenaw Ave
    Ann Arbor, MI

Man, I wish I'm able to find a B&M that is that friendly and easy to shoot the breeze with. Glad you were able to find it, Chris. I could see it now, you will be putting a lot of mileage in your car going back and forth, just to smoke and talk about cigars with the guy. Maybe he has some insite about selling cigars too, since I noticed you wanted to know more about that.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by jiaguy View Post
    That sounds liek an awsome owner! Definitely soudns liek a store to be your main haunt
    you drinking or typing with one hand?

I found a great B&M on my first try over two years ago. I can understand the feeling knowing your have found a cigar haven where you can sit, smoke, bullshit and just be with the guys!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Am I the only one who thinks the name of this thread is the words to some song?....

I'm so excited... and I just can't hide it...I'm about to lose control and I think I like it

Maybe that was the intention, if it is because I can't get the song out of my head.

BTW sounds like an awesome place

i know i know i know i know i want you ... i want you.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    i know i know i know i know i want you ... i want you.

+1 for awesome B&M owners. You can tell the TRUE BOTL owners vs the ones who JUST want to make coin and not friendships. IMO a good B&M takes a great owner.
    Glad you found a good place Chris.

Has to do with the consistent sleep deprivation and the fact that I do more work with numbers than words nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    you drinking or typing with one hand?
    Jia Li
    1345 Washtenaw Ave
    Ann Arbor, MI

Thread Information