Thread: Cigar Band Journal

Default Cigar Band Journal

I really like the look of some of the cigar bands and I wanted to keep most all of them. I had heard about people starting a journal but wasnt sure what I could start one in. I looked all over the place for something suitable. I went to Walmart but wasn't really interested in a sticky page photo album as there is nowhere to write anything. I ended up getting a hardcover black pleather bound journal for 10 bucks:) I also bought some non-acid glue sticks.

So I have put one or two cigar bands per page in it. That way, weither I leave one or not, there is room for a description under the band. I think it works awsome and I was just really happy with the over all look and feel of the journal. I think this will be a great item to pass down to someone along with your humidor one day. Just thought I would mention it to others who may have been thinking about it too:)

Blog Entries

vBulletin has a plug in that allows users to keep journals. I was thinking about adding the code into Cigarsmokers.com to allow users to keep "Cigar Journals" online.

I'm not sure how many people would take the time or have a scanner/digital camera to do it, but I think it would be a nice addition to the community.

What do you guys think?
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

i think that could be a good addition

i'd use it. that'd be cool

i think it's a good idea

Filipino, born and raised. Now living in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada

roham,

i do keep a journal like that as well. a small pocketbook where i stick the bands of the memorable sticks that i have smoked, as well as the bad ones so i can remember to avoid them the next time. i keep it at 1-3 per page, along with some tasting notes, ratings, opinions on the smoke, time of day smoked, meal had, etc. its a fun way to pass time when you've got nothing to do. not to mention the nostalgia when you look back at those cigar bands you had one or two years back.
    You are what you eat. That's why I'm a fat bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    vBulletin has a plug in that allows users to keep journals. I was thinking about adding the code into Cigarsmokers.com to allow users to keep "Cigar Journals" online.

I'm not sure how many people would take the time or have a scanner/digital camera to do it, but I think it would be a nice addition to the community.

What do you guys think?
    I was reading through some old threads and came across this.

Hex,

Did you ever add this plugin? I looked through my User CP and didn't see it but think this would be valuable for me.

Thanks,
    -Chad
    For let a man, as most men do, rate themselves at the highest value they can, yet their true value is no more than it is esteemed by others. -Thomas Hobbes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chadth View Post
    I was reading through some old threads and came across this.

Hex,

Did you ever add this plugin? I looked through my User CP and didn't see it but think this would be valuable for me.

Thanks,
    -Chad
    Support dropped off for it about the time I was going to impliment it, I think its back up and working for vB 3.5.x. I'll look into it and get back to you.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Thread Information