Thread: Newbee Review: 5 Vegas Gold No. 1

If hell arrives on Earth, it will be the I-10.

Default Newbee Review: 5 Vegas Gold No. 1

There are a lot of good reasons to ditch school/work, and a cigar is as good as any.

I have a couple stashed away a bit, about 3-4 months. The construction of this thing is great. At 7.5x54, I have yet to finish a one in a single session. Burn was great, even itself out, even with my bad lighting. Draw was great. Ash about 2".

Taste was mild, some might say overly. Creamy, toasty, with a little bit of bite. Had it with my morning coffee I thought it was the best thing. Not a complex stick by any means, but sometimes we all could do with a little less sophistication in our mornings.
    A good book, a cigar, and a nice tall glass of STFU.

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

There are a lot of good reasons to ditch school/work, and a cigar is as good as any.
    So true. I think my new favorite quote is: "There is no amount of work that a man won't do if it's not the work he's suppose to be doing."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan C. View Post
    At 7.5x54, I have yet to finish a one in a single session.
    Tell me that this doesn't mean you stick it somewhere and light it back up again later.

john51277 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aceswired View Post
    Tell me that this doesn't mean you stick it somewhere and light it back up again later.
    Please no!! Thats as bad as Britany Spears new haircut!!!!

i liked these cigars when i was first starting but now find them a bit mild... the A's are quite good as well, though i can't smoke them very often

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

Quote Originally Posted by boomshay View Post
    i liked these cigars when i was first starting but now find them a bit mild... the A's are quite good as well, though i can't smoke them very often

lightweight wait til u only enjoy full bodied and full bodied maduros!

lightweight wait til u only enjoy full bodied and full bodied maduros!
    ahh my bad, i wasn't referring to the A's being too strong, i meant not often because the taste is pretty unique and i only like it when i'm in the mood for it, sorry for the mix up

If hell arrives on Earth, it will be the I-10.

First time I had a maduro I damn near passed out.

I just had a "fresh" Vegas Gold robusto, from my CI brownbag, and it was a world of difference. I can say with certainty that all reviews about the Gold being overly mild and tasteless refers, to a fresh stick. It was a bit on the dry side, but all it gave me was a buttery aftertaste, with no flavor to boot. With a little bit of faith and resolute, and unyielding puffing, it gave off a tiniest bit of spice around the second third. After that I just had to give up and toss it.

I like the sticks I have sitting in the humi for 4-5 months; the 5 Vegas Gold absolutely needs humidor time to be a good nild smoke.
    A good book, a cigar, and a nice tall glass of STFU.

9. Default

Good review dude
    The older I get ,the better I was

I smoked a robusto of these today, and I really enjoyed it. It had a lot of nut and creamy flavors. It was one of the best 'mild' cigars I've had recently.

Thread Information