Thread: (Flavored?) Cigars in Humidor

1. Default (Flavored?) Cigars in Humidor

I recently got a Perdomo Reserve Champagne C and a Natural by Drew Estate White Rabbit. Are these cigars supposed to be flavored? The Perdomo almost smells like a fig newton and the Natural smells like a minty chocolate strawberry. I bought these thinking they were normal. I already noticed that other cigars in the humi are picking up its scent. Should I just store the cigars separate? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFuzzyHat View Post
    I recently got a Perdomo Reserve Champagne C and a Natural by Drew Estate White Rabbit. Are these cigars supposed to be flavored? The Perdomo almost smells like a fig newton and the Natural smells like a minty chocolate strawberry. I bought these thinking they were normal. I already noticed that other cigars in the humi are picking up its scent. Should I just store the cigars separate? Thanks.
    Neither of these cigars are flavored to my knowledge. As far as storage of flavored cigars, never ever place these in the same humidor as your regular cigars.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

The Natural by Drew Estate is a (subtlety) flavored cigar. I wouldn't store it in the same box as the rest of them.

john51277 Guest

get a cheap 10-20 humidor and store them in there. The other cigars will take on the flavor otherwise!!

Perdomo is definitely NOT flavored. I am pretty sure anything by Drew estate has SOME flavoring in it.

drew estate is "infused" not flavored.

the difference? not sure.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    drew estate is "infused" not flavored.

the difference? not sure.
    No difference whatsoever in my opinion. I was just unaware that their natural line was flavored as well as their pos Acids.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

bigsmoke Guest

Yeah flavouring good cigars with stinky ones would not impress me.

9. Default

I'll definetely store the Natural some other way. The other cigars in the humidor are definetly taking on the aroma of the perdomo, so I will store it separate as well.

10. Default

Store all your acids drews, and lars in the trash can or the toilet.

11. Default

damnit, i was going through my cigars and now some of them are tainted by that damn natural. how long does it take for the smell to go away? The natural was only in the humidor with the other cigars for 2 days.

Before I knew about not storing flavored with other cigars I had about 3-4 in with my stash. I took them out and after about 3 or so weeks any smell or taste that I can tell went away. If the Natural was the only one in there it shouldn't take that long. IIRC the smell only lasted about a week at the most.

Most likely the perdomo picked up the oder at the cigar shop. Probably next to the javas.

It should go away along with the rest of the smokes.

Natural - never had one, can't help you there.

Thread Information