Thread: Trilogy Ovation Robusto (Maduro)

1. Default Trilogy Ovation Robusto (Maduro)

Not much to say as far as number ratings go but I will say this....Yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It had a very very smooth draw but had too much of a dirty, earthy taste to it. I am sticking to my ONYX when it comes to maduros

SFG75 Guest

The Ovation series is supposed to be the upper-crust line of the Trilogy series. I've had the regular line up of the native cameroon,(which is excellent!) rare corojo, and exotic maduro. Be sure to check out Cigar Jack's review of the exotic maduro. If you like Onyx, you'll like the spicy industrial strength of the exotic maduro. Not only that, but the exotic maduro will leave more cash in your wallet.

3. Default

Thanks for the review. I've tried the regular Trilogy cigars and have been wanting to try the better lines of Trilogy cigars but I think I'll save me money and avoid them.

Default Try another

I have had those before and once I got one that had a very earthy-dirt flavor to it. The other two were very smooth and rich. However, you mentioned a good draw . . . most of the ones I had were a bit tight.

I usually don't give up after only one. Generally I will buy 5-packs from CigarBid.com and give them all a fair sampling.

Also . . . if you bought it from your local shop they may give you another if you tell them it was a "dog". I have a very good relationship with my local tobacconist and the two times I have told him that I got a bad stick he has not only given me a new one of the same line but one or two others that he would reccomend. GREAT GUY!
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Thread Information