Thread: Toronto Cigar Stores

1. Default Toronto Cigar Stores

Anyone here from Toronto, Ontario, Canada?

If so, what stores do you frequent to purchase your cigars?

Please include prices (not individual cigars, just if they are reasonable), location, or anything else that might be helpful.

Thank you!

I'd be interested in knowing some good T.O. shops as well.
    Monk is from Toronto, I'm sure he'll drop a line when he gets a chance.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kass View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing some good T.O. shops as well.
    Monk is from Toronto, I'm sure he'll drop a line when he gets a chance.
    I know of the places in Yorkville and the Holy Smokes in all the big Loblaws stores, just hoping I could find a place with reasonable prices and most importantly aren't giving me fakes.

If you do a google search for cigar stores in toronto, you'll eventually find a nice long list. However, I've never been to any of them so don't know how reputable they are.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by yellow19man View Post
    ...snip.... just hoping I could find a place with reasonable prices ....snip
    Dude, you ain't got a hope in hell of finding that in Canada.

As a suggestion, if you want "authentic" Cuban cigars at a decent price, go to Cuba. And I'm not being ignorant or sarcastic, it's true.

You could pay ~ $1000-1100 for 2 people to go to Cuba, all inclusive, for a week. You're allowed to bring back 50 cigars per person (of legal age).

If you buy 25 Cuaba Exclusivos for $120 CUC (Cuban Convertible Pesos, add ~ 20% to get Canadian), 25 Monte Cristo Edmundos for ~$180, 25 Punch - Punch Punch for ~$155 and 25 RASS for ~ $125. So there's a total of $580 CUC, or ~ $700 CDN. Those 100 smokes in Canada will run you in the vicinity of $3000-3500. You do the math.

Make sense???

This is, of course, assuming you aren't American and you can get there easily!!!
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Sounds like a great excuse for a vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post

As a suggestion, if you want "authentic" Cuban cigars at a decent price, go to Cuba. And I'm not being ignorant or sarcastic, it's true.

You could pay ~ $1000-1100 for 2 people to go to Cuba, all inclusive, for a week. You're allowed to bring back 50 cigars per person (of legal age).

If you buy 25 Cuaba Exclusivos for $120 CUC (Cuban Convertible Pesos, add ~ 20% to get Canadian), 25 Monte Cristo Edmundos for ~$180, 25 Punch - Punch Punch for ~$155 and 25 RASS for ~ $125. So there's a total of $580 CUC, or ~ $700 CDN. Those 100 smokes in Canada will run you in the vicinity of $3000-3500. You do the math.

Make sense???

This is, of course, assuming you aren't American and you can get there easily!!!
    Jim, a check for $1700 is headed your way.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post

Make sense???

Very true about going to Cuba. I make trips down south yearly and usually pick up cigars. Just started to get into cigars so only bought 5/10 cigars in previous years.

I recently bought a humidor and the owner told me the cigar business is hurting now because it is so easy to go down to Cuba and buy cigars and bring them back.

If I came home with 100 cigars, that would last me forever! I barely smoke in the winter since it is cold here in Toronto, unless someone has a few places where you can actually smoke inside these days.

Thread Information