Thread: Dominican Republic

Default Dominican Republic

Hey guys, one of my good friends just went to the dominican republic and brought back a box of a brand of cigars called "Universo" something. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of these and if they are any good. He gave me a couple and asked if I was interested in buying some from him (he bought 100, no idea why he hardly smokes at all). If you guys have any suggestions, let me know.

Thanks,
    Wayne
    Wanna-be beach bum.

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
    “Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.”
    - A VERY wise man from Mississippi

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord, for thee..."

bigsmoke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by borovy3488 View Post
    Hey guys, one of my good friends just went to the dominican republic and brought back a box of a brand of cigars called "Universo" something. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of these and if they are any good. He gave me a couple and asked if I was interested in buying some from him (he bought 100, no idea why he hardly smokes at all). If you guys have any suggestions, let me know.

Thanks,
    Wayne
    I am no Dominican Cigar expert (more into Cuban's myself) but that does not sound familiar to me. I made a trip to the dominican rupublic once and I found a lot of subpar cigars being marketed to tourists.

Where did he go? You can be 99% certain he paid way too much for a cheaply made cigar. As I've said here before, you do not go to the D.R. to get a deal on cigars. I've been there twice, and advise anyone going to bring their own.

I was just at the DR, and for sure bring your own smokes. Even at the duty free the prices weren't that great.

Thread Information