Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ebay Humidor

Default New Ebay Humidor

Alright, here's some pics of my new humidor that I got from Ebay.

And here are some pics so that you can see about how big it is.

It's bigger than a 20oz bottle

But smaller than a guitar playing pinata

this thing is holding a great seal and can hold many many more cigars than what I have in there. I would recommend it, ecspecially for the price.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Nice.
    I like your size comparisons, really puts it into perspective especially with the guitar playing pinata.

i like it a lot

i like that style...

Nice.

Cool

Sweet stash bro...The humidor ain't half bad either. ENJOY EM BOTH!!!!!!!
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

john51277 Guest

Very nice Humidor. I love the shelves below, with the glass.

coors_ca Guest

nice collection of sticks, how much was the box btw?

That and a trunkador... wow you are quickly building a monstrous stash! Let us in on the price.
    Jia Li
    1345 Washtenaw Ave
    Ann Arbor, MI

bigsmoke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Alright, here's some pics of my new humidor that I got from Ebay.

this thing is holding a great seal and can hold many many more cigars than what I have in there. I would recommend it, ecspecially for the price.
    What was the price?

Quote Originally Posted by coors_ca View Post
    nice collection of sticks, how much was the box btw?
    Quote Originally Posted by jiaguy View Post
    That and a trunkador... wow you are quickly building a monstrous stash! Let us in on the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsmoke View Post
    What was the price?

geez, $72.28. that's shipping and everything.
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Wow, that's amazing! A guitar playing pinata.

Oh and nice humidor too. I'm still drooling over the stash. Does that seller sell and similar humidor without the glass?

Quote Originally Posted by AK & Stogie View Post
    Wow, that's amazing! A guitar playing pinata.

Oh and nice humidor too. I'm still drooling over the stash. Does that seller sell and similar humidor without the glass?
    you can look at what all he has on ebay. his seller name is gadgetbestbuy.

Wow, he's got some really nice humidors for CHEAP!

I'll definitely be getting a nice big one once I move out. For now I'll just keep the desktop.

Nice and a great price!

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

Just be aware. Some of GagetBestBuy's humidors are not cedar lined. If it doesn't specifically say "Cedar Lined" then it probably isn't. I've read reviews of his stuff where they said that there were cedar drawers only, but the humidor itself was not lined with cedar.

I just checked one of his auctions. This is the kind of stuff to watch out for:

"Lined with Kiln Dried Cedar Divider"

The DIVIDER is cedar, not the humidor.

"In order to provide savings for our customers and get the same value, portions of our humidor interior are made of cedar wood. "

PORTIONS of the humidor, not the entire inside lining.

"Once the humidor is closed everything inside is sealed. The cedar smell will remain in the box giving positive effect on the flavor of your cigars. Therefore there is no need to make the inside of the humidor completely of cedar."

Some would disagree with that. The other benefit of cedar is that it helps control the humidity by absorbing moisture.

"If you research cigar humidors, there is no 100% cedar humidors."

Actually, Cuban Crafters does makes some of their humidors out of 100% cedar and then they laminate a veneer on the outside. I know because I have one. The statement should say MOST humidors are not 100% cedar. And that's because they're not suppose to be. They're suppose to be made of a pretty hardwood and then 100% lined with Spanish cedar (NOT aromatic cedar. Spanish cedar is actually a type of mahogany.)

If you're cool with that then go ahead and get it. Other than that they appear to be decent humidors and as long as they seal well then everything is OK. But if you want a fully cedar lined humidor then just be aware of the fine print.
    Last edited by Dru Lee Parsec; 03-06-2007 at 02:35 PM.

Midlothian, Virginia in the Subs. Longwood University....in FARMVILLE Virginia....

http://cgi.ebay.com/300-ct-CIGAR-HUM...QQcmdZViewItem
    This is the humidor that I bought from him. DO NOT BUY HUMIDORS FROM GADGETBESTBUY. Not only is the humidor not cedat, the divider i got isnt even cedar. Also, the two draws on the bottom are so loose, that it does not hold the appropiate RH. Also, he charges and arm and a leg for shipping. For mine, it was $26.00 but other can go as high as $35.00
    "After a truly good meal, an outstanding cigar is still the most satisfying after-dinner activity that doesn't involve two human beings."
    Brad Shaw

"Pull out a Montecristo at a dinner party and the political liberal turns into the nicotine facist."
    -- Martyn Harris

1 termite
    +1 raisin

18. Default

2 Accessory Drawers (translated this means its for cutters and other fucking cigar shit)

Kevin
    The older I get ,the better I was

just for the record, it's been a couple of days since i stocked mine, the rh has been holding fine around 65%. no problems yet.

Midlothian, Virginia in the Subs. Longwood University....in FARMVILLE Virginia....

I dont need that much room for shiut, so what i did is i used weather stripping on the drawers to get it air tight, so at least it works now.
    "After a truly good meal, an outstanding cigar is still the most satisfying after-dinner activity that doesn't involve two human beings."
    Brad Shaw

"Pull out a Montecristo at a dinner party and the political liberal turns into the nicotine facist."
    -- Martyn Harris

1 termite
    +1 raisin

Thread Information