Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle owners???

john51277 Guest

Default Motorcycle owners???

I was wondering what others ride, who owns them and how did you get started??

I ride a 2006 Yamaha Warrior 1700 Midnight.
    I have been riding motorcycles ever since I was about 12, my sisters boyfriend had a YZ490 dirtbike, I still remember after riding it around the yard(only in 1st gear). I got off and was trembling with fear. That is when I decided I needed to ride. I have had a Katana 750, YZ 125, and a KTM 250SX. Going to the Bike Fest in Daytona tomorrow and this weekend. Here is a pic of the current beast.

John

First day home(stock)

This is her now after a few mods

My dirt bike KTM

Blog Entries

What is that on your pipes?

john51277 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes View Post
    What is that on your pipes?
    That would be black header wrap. It keeps me from melting my leg, boot, pants. It also helps w/performance. Its the same stuff they use on drag cars.

I have ridden a Honda CR125 since I was about 10. Before that I was on a Yamaha YZ50.

When I was 16 I bought a 1996 Suzuki GSX-R 750. Amazing bike. So much fun. It was a sad day when I had to get rid of it. I don't have any electronic pics of it, but here is a similar bike:

I am hoping to get a bike summer of 2008 again.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

You have done a great job with your bike, really brought out the lines. I am not a big fan of neon but to each his own.

I currently ride a 2002 Honda Shadow Aero with modded pipes and a re-pinned carb. I got into bikes when I was young, flipped my first 3 wheeler when I was probably 10 :(. I also attended a Christian Camp (long story around that for another day) where I took dirt bike lessons for 2 years. Learned how to ride up stairs, over logs, seasaws, etc. Didn't ride for another 8 years or so until I bought an 1987 Honda Shadow about 7 years ago. Dumped it while out on a late February ride (black ice) with the wife on the back so now I ride solo.

Things I have learned while owning motorcycles:
    1. Wear a helmet, full face is possible
    2. Don't wear shorts while riding
    3. Skin sticks to hot metal
    4. If married or in a relationship, don't put another woman on the back of your bike if you want to stay in that relationship.
    5. 99.9% of Harley owners make 6 figures, some just sell drugs to do it
    6. It is never too hot for protective clothing.

Keep on the road.
    -Chad
    For let a man, as most men do, rate themselves at the highest value they can, yet their true value is no more than it is esteemed by others. -Thomas Hobbes

6. Default

03 Yamaha Road Star...

yamaha seca 650 - old model, 1982. Love this bike, bought from a used motorcycle dealer who picked it up with about 1000 original miles, Thing looked brand new.

Not so much anymore, but I still enjoy it.

2002 HD Road King..... In the Badlands

Bought my first motorcycle when I was 18. A 1982 Yamaha Special II 650. I needed to rent a motorcycle trailer to bring it home. Didn't know how to ride, the guy thought I was nuts
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

2005 Gold Wing for me. (Yes BKC, I know, I still owe you pics).

I started when I was 16 on a Kawi 175 dual purpose. At the time, you had to be 16 for a MC lic and 17 for a car, so ..................

I went through the "Boy gets bike(s), boy gets married, boy buys living accomodations, boy has kids, bike goes. Kids move out, boy gets more bikes, etc".

Since I got back into bikes in '98, I've had (in this order) a 77 Kawasaki KZ 1000, Suzuki Bandit 1200S, a Suzuki TLR (Gawd I loved that bike), Triumph 1100ST (Gawd I hated that bike) and now the Wing.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

1986 Honda CRX
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

I have had a Katana 600 for my first bike and Just sold my Honda F4i back in the fall. Curently bikeless. May build something in the future

Currently have a '06 Katana 750. Have also had a '92 Yamaha XJ600S and a '95 Yamaha YZF600.

This 86' Electra Glide Classic was a gift from my father, who had it since 86'. I plan on never getting rid of it.

The white one was a present to myself after the war. It's an 06' Limited Edition 'Busa 1300, in my garage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_IM000338.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	516   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_DCP_0001[2].jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	517  
    Last edited by Tomahawk202; 03-11-2007 at 07:22 PM.
    " Injustice Anywhere is a threat to Justice Everywhere ......" Martin Luther King Jr.

Been riding dirt bikes since I was little, moved from dirt to street, and currently have a Yamaha FZ-6. In the next month or so, its going to be sold or traded in for either a Big Dog mastiff, or a custom chopper. I'm still shopping around to figure out what I want. When I get one, I'll be sure to post some pics!

Default Bikes? What Bikes??

Greetings!
    As I stated in my Intro post, motorcycles are more of a mental illness than a hobby for me
    Bikes currently owned are:

'01 Moto Guzzi V-11 Sport
    '01 Suzuki DRZ400
    '01 Kawasaki KLR650
    '98 Triumph Sprint Executive
    '98 Yamaha Blaster (wife's)
    '97 Yamaha RT180 (spare)
    '96 Kawasaki KDX200 (son's)
    '76 Yamaha TY175 (son's now)
    '74 Harley Davidson Sprint
    '73 Harley Davidson Sprint
    '72 Harley Davidson Sprint
    '71 MZ ES125/G (E. German ISDT Special, never imported to the USA)

I'm not sure we have the bandwidth for the bikes I've owned in the past. Recent bikes would include a V-Max, '03 Sporty, Buell S-2, Bandit 1200, two Triumph Tigers, Kawi Concours, '99 Montesa Cota, '95 Beta Techno...

I need another Observed Trials bike when I get back to the states. I sold my Montesa Cota while at Fort Hood since I didn't have time to ride it. I think a HD Street Glide or Road Glide is in my future once I'm home from Asscrackistan. Mommy sez the Triumph should go if I get the 'Glide but I'm gonna try to keep it (even tho two touring bikes would be kinda redundant).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hello from NY Smaller.JPG 
Views:	277 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	550   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sprint Crop.JPG 
Views:	283 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	552  
    Last edited by Road Weazel; 04-08-2007 at 12:01 PM.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to commit violence on their behalf"

Quote Originally Posted by Kraft View Post
    Been riding dirt bikes since I was little, moved from dirt to street, and currently have a Yamaha FZ-6. In the next month or so, its going to be sold or traded in for either a Big Dog mastiff, or a custom chopper. I'm still shopping around to figure out what I want. When I get one, I'll be sure to post some pics!
    I realize that I'm the nOOb here but If you're open to a little advice from someone who works around bikes every day (when I'm not carrying a M-16 for Uncle Sam), go with the Big Dog. Custom bikes can be a nightmare if you actually ride them. Big Dog's been around for a little while now and have figured out how to make things work together. They're supposed to have a new motor from S&S soon. It's called the X-Wedge, 'wedge' for the combustion chamber shape. It's a big-inch VTwin of about 52 degrees with three (belt driven) cams instead of the two or four that HD uses. I'm sure they'll still offer the standard S&S clone motor they've used for a while as well.
    All the best.
    Ride safe.
    Weazel
    Last edited by Road Weazel; 04-08-2007 at 11:02 AM.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to commit violence on their behalf"

I'm always open to a little advice (since I still consider myself a noob!). I've looked at a few small manufacturers like Swift, PCW, and Vengence, and all in all I dont think any of them can give you the all around of the Big Dog. Anyway, I've almost got the $$$ for the down payment, so next week or 2 I should be doing some serious shopping!!

I had a 97 Honda CBR 600 F3 but it was stolen in July.

But my friends think they spotted it this past weekend around town, so maybe I'll be getting it back soon.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Time for an update! Broke down and finally traded my Yamaha in for a Big Dog Mastif, and let me say, it is AWESOME to ride! Unfortunately its got less than 300 miles on it so far and I'm having electrical probs with it and the dealer is 180 miles away. I'm gonna trailer it down there next weekend and get it fixed and serviced, so its all good.

Congrats on the new toy! In all my years of ridin' Japanese bikes (proudly) and more recently English and Italian bikes, I think I'm ready for a HD Electra Standard or Street Glide. I'm gonna be thirty-ten in a few weeks and I could use a big, fat Cadillac on two wheels.
    Of course, I'm gonna have to keep at least one Angry, Pissed-Off Bike. The Guzzi stays, and I'm gonna try to keep the Triumph as well.
    If I may ask, what's your bike not doing right? It may be something simple.
    All the best...

Thread Information