Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torano Exodus 1959 torpedo

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    If the term "silver" isn't used in the title, it can be fairly presumed that........ I seriously doubt anyone was confused as to what cigar I was referring to. If there was some confusion, surely someone would've posted making the same point. But that didn't happen, so....... Even the newbs knew better.

I'm confused, SFG - which cigar were you reviewing??? Also, you might want to consider that maybe you got a lot of "that's nice" views, without any response.

But CC makes a great point - you probably should be a little more specific in your description in that you knew (or SHOULD HAVE KNOWN - right jaewing) that there would be confusion, considering the lines are so closely linked (the bands and the viotlas are nearly identical)...

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    I'm confused, SFG - which cigar were you reviewing??? Also, you might want to consider that maybe you got a lot of "that's nice" views, without any response.

But CC makes a great point - you probably should be a little more specific in your description in that you knew (or SHOULD HAVE KNOWN - right jaewing) that there would be confusion, considering the lines are so closely linked (the bands and the viotlas are nearly identical)...
    Yes George, you are ultimately an unbiased source in this dispute. No, I shouldn't have been more specific. Everyone knew what I was talking about and no one said they thought I was talking about the silver. There is no confusion here, nor is anyone trying to solve it genuinely. This is just one more little dig aimed at me on the part of someone else purely for the sake of it. If anyone doubts that, they haven't been paying attention to this board for very long.

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    I just asked a real smart guy here at work who won six figures on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" and he says would've is okay so I was wrong, sorry Scotty.

Wow, wish I knew someone who was on that show. The popular culture questions always got me on that one.

jaewing if I ever heard of an attorney answer that is one.

Keep that up you should run for office.
    Not sure if I was insulted or not

Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Yes George, you are ultimately an unbiased source in this dispute. No, I shouldn't have been more specific. Everyone knew what I was talking about and no one said they thought I was talking about the silver. There is no confusion here, nor is anyone trying to solve it genuinely. This is just one more little dig aimed at me on the part of someone else purely for the sake of it. If anyone doubts that, they haven't been paying attention to this board for very long.
    You are clearly delusional, "everyone" huh? Scotty, don't lie it makes you look stupid.

SFG75 Guest

You are clearly delusional, "everyone" huh? Scotty, don't lie it makes you look stupid.
    Oh Bill, the falacious points that you attempt to make are truly getting tiresome. Evidently you believe that if you repeat it long enough, that folks will just agree. Here's a brief refresher:

1.)Hex "got it." He offered to do a box-split with anyone and posted this link : http://www.caminoviejo.com/store/cat...xodus-1959.htm Take a wild guess as to which cigar he knew I was referring to. Go ahead, take a guess...... Click on the link afterwards. BTW-funny how the link doesn't have the word "gold" in it isn't it?

2.)Drake "got it" and posted this:
    i did assume it was the gold one because thats all i knew existed.
    Questions-Does Drake say that it is the gold or silver that he assumed I was talking about? If the gold is the only one he assumed that existed, how does prove that he thought it was another cigar?

3.)Jaewing evidently "got it" when he made his post.

Three people other than you and George responded-all of them "got it," only you didn't. George piped in because he's your bud over at Snobs and CP. Not one of them thought I was talking about another cigar. That's it, case closed.

7. Default

Why don't CC and SFG do a review of the dope they are smoking. My guess is it's Mexican Red Hair.

Blog Entries

Scotty, you are nothing more than a piece of shit who cannot grasp the fact that you were wrong.

Please get over yourself and stop clogging up this forum with your crap. You know darn well that most people would not know whether you were talking about the Gold or the Silver but you insist on trying to lie your way out of it, give it a rest and just admit you're not as smart as you think you are. This behavior is so typical of you and the main reason you got banned from CigarPass, you have a huge problem ever admitting you are anything less than "F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S" to use your obnoxious description of yourself. I'm still waiting for you to respond in the other thread where you claim Randy will not let someone like you walk all over him. Please cite me an example of where he stands up to your bullshit because I highly doubt that he ever does since he's trying to keep peace in the family and just lets you act like your arrogant asshole self instead of telling you to STFU.

The Island of the Misfit Toys is back up and running so why don't you just go back there and leave us alone?

Face it, YOU were WRONG and you just don't "get it"

"Case closed" LMFAO no, no assholeboy, you're NOT a moderator here so you don't get to pull your bully crap, awwwwwwww poor baby. Oh gosh, did I just get a "strike" oh dear, what will I do? OMG I might get banned I see you've also resorted to your six-year-old tantrum ways you were so infamous for on the Island and CigarPass:
    George piped in because he's your bud over at Snobs and CP.
    You just can't face reality can you? George has a reputation of speaking the truth, (unlike you) if I'm wrong, he'll be the first to tell me or Lee or Neal or anyone else. Nice try. You crack me up when you pull crap like that because as I've said, you only prove my case to everyone else here that you are nothing but a complete asshole and a waste of bandwidth.

Oh Bill, the falacious points that you attempt to make are truly getting tiresome. Evidently you believe that if you repeat it long enough, that folks will just agree. Here's a brief refresher:

1.)Hex "got it." He offered to do a box-split with anyone and posted this link : http://www.caminoviejo.com/store/cat...xodus-1959.htm Take a wild guess as to which cigar he knew I was referring to. Go ahead, take a guess...... Click on the link afterwards. BTW-funny how the link doesn't have the word "gold" in it isn't it?

2.)Drake "got it" and posted this: Questions-Does Drake say that it is the gold or silver that he assumed I was talking about? If the gold is the only one he assumed that existed, how does prove that he thought it was another cigar?

3.)Jaewing evidently "got it" when he made his post.

Three people other than you and George responded-all of them "got it," only you didn't. George piped in because he's your bud over at Snobs and CP. Not one of them thought I was talking about another cigar. That's it, case closed.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 05-17-2005 at 02:02 AM.

Blog Entries

The price sheet I get from my distributor does not use the word "Gold" when describing the Exodus 1959's. It does use Siver to describe the Exodus 1959 Silver's and simply refers to the others as "Exodus 1959".

To further back this claim here is the product list from Torano themselves: http://www.torano.com/cigars.asp. As you can see the Exodus 1959 page makes no mention of the word Gold. However the Exodus 1959 Silver makes it perfectly clear that they are speaking about the Silver edition.

Anyone (including retailers) using the term Gold to describe the Exodus 1959's is IMHO doing so incorrectly and causing needless confusion.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    Why don't CC and SFG do a review of the dope they are smoking. My guess is it's Mexican Red Hair.
    eww ditch weed....

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

SFG75 Guest

Scotty, you are nothing more than a piece of shit who cannot grasp the fact that you were wrong.

Face it, YOU were WRONG and you just don't "get it"

"Case closed" LMFAO no, no assholeboy, you're NOT a moderator here so you don't get to pull your bully crap, awwwwwwww poor baby. Oh gosh, did I just get a "strike" oh dear, what will I do? OMG I might get banned I see you've also resorted to your six-year-old tantrum ways you were so infamous for on the Island and CigarPass:

You just can't face reality can you? George has a reputation of speaking the truth, (unlike you) if I'm wrong, he'll be the first to tell me or Lee or Neal or anyone else. Nice try. You crack me up when you pull crap like that because as I've said, you only prove my case to everyone else here that you are nothing but a complete asshole and a waste of bandwidth.

Excellent debate tactic of switching the topic to other issues when you can't win the main one in question. Once again, here are the questions:

1.)Hex "got it." He offered to do a box-split with anyone and posted this link : http://www.caminoviejo.com/store/ca...exodus-1959.htm Take a wild guess as to which cigar he knew I was referring to. Go ahead, take a guess......

2.)Does Drake say that it is the gold or silver that he assumed I was talking about? If the gold is the only one he assumed that existed, how does prove that he thought it was another cigar?

3.)Does Jaewing in his posts ever indicate that he thought I was talking about the silver?

It's o.k. Bill, I know that you and I will never agree on this one. Now that I think about it, this whole issue is really pointless, inane in fact. So I tell ya what. I'll let you have the last word on it and that'll be that. Nevertheless, through your vitriolic smearing of me, it's obvious that you just have it out for me and can't stand the fact that you don't run this board enough to get me banned. Given your reaction to my posts, you just can't stand that I'm here. I'll behave and keep on posting-and you'll just have to bear it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    Not sure if I was insulted or not

I might have a career in politics too. Need a running mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    i just bought one of those yesterday. anxious to try it
    i smoked my torano 1959 gold torpedo last night. i'd give it 91. i thought the flavor was superb. didn't burn very even, though. had to touch it up 5 or 6 times.

Blog Entries

Excellent debate tactic of switching the topic to other issues when you can't win the main one in question. Once again, here are the questions:

1.)Hex "got it." He offered to do a box-split with anyone and posted this link : http://www.caminoviejo.com/store/ca...exodus-1959.htm Take a wild guess as to which cigar he knew I was referring to. Go ahead, take a guess......

2.)Does Drake say that it is the gold or silver that he assumed I was talking about? If the gold is the only one he assumed that existed, how does prove that he thought it was another cigar?

3.)Does Jaewing in his posts ever indicate that he thought I was talking about the silver?

It's o.k. Bill, I know that you and I will never agree on this one. Now that I think about it, this whole issue is really pointless, inane in fact. So I tell ya what. I'll let you have the last word on it and that'll be that. Nevertheless, through your vitriolic smearing of me, it's obvious that you just have it out for me and can't stand the fact that you don't run this board enough to get me banned. Given your reaction to my posts, you just can't stand that I'm here. I'll behave and keep on posting-and you'll just have to bear it.
    Can you please tell me what you mean by "how does prove"? The bottom line Scotty is that you lied when you said EVERYONE knew which cigar you were talking about, that is absolutely not true, ggiese stated he did not know which cigar you were refering to, didn't he? You truly amaze us, you omit facts when they conflict with your lies.

On the contrary Scotty, YOU are the one who's just beside himself that you can't get me "banned" like you did to people over on the Island of the Misfit Toys. I don't "smear" you, I only point out the facts about you which is that you are an arrogant POS who adds very little value to any cigar board that you happen to decide to post your garbage on and that you are far from the "good guy" you're trying to portray yourself as here. Trust me Scotty, it's NOT working, you are only digging your hole deeper with your diatribe.

I have it "out" for you, that is precious!!! You are a paranoid, think-skinned, delusional little child which is amusing.

Face it Scotty, you are universally hated by everyone who matters on the larger boards and you're showing your true colors here and I'll let ya in on something, you're fast becoming an outcast here as well.

You will never learn will you? Did it ever occur to you that you should have just said "Sorry, I meant the Gold"? I'm sure it didn't, just like your 20+ posts in the last thread on CigarPass where you absoultely refused to admit you were acting like an asshole on the Island. You kept digging your heels in trying in vain to prove you were right and all you did was get yourself banned because you just proved to all of us that you are indeed the asshole that you are.

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    The price sheet I get from my distributor does not use the word "Gold" when describing the Exodus 1959's. It does use Siver to describe the Exodus 1959 Silver's and simply refers to the others as "Exodus 1959".

To further back this claim here is the product list from Torano themselves: http://www.torano.com/cigars.asp. As you can see the Exodus 1959 page makes no mention of the word Gold. However the Exodus 1959 Silver makes it perfectly clear that they are speaking about the Silver edition.

Anyone (including retailers) using the term Gold to describe the Exodus 1959's is IMHO doing so incorrectly and causing needless confusion.

CC is apparently choosing to ignore this post since it does not further his argument that SFG75 is wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    CC is apparently choosing to ignore this post since it does not further his argument that SFG75 is wrong.
    No, hex stated his OPINION, which I disagree with. Scotty is still wrong and the fact that hex states an opinion that supports Scotty's is irrelevant.

Nice try....

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    i smoked my torano 1959 gold torpedo last night. i'd give it 91. i thought the flavor was superb. didn't burn very even, though. had to touch it up 5 or 6 times.
    The flavor wasn't that incredible to me, hence why I marked it down a tad. The wrapper thing could be a humidity problem or the torcedor getting lazy on the job. With all this being said, it is a great cigar and was my choice the day that I made the review. I couldn't have picked a better cigar to end a great day with. Definitely one of my better smoking experiences.

Blog Entries

The flavor wasn't that incredible to me, hence why I marked it down a tad. The wrapper thing could be a humidity problem or the torcedor getting lazy on the job. With all this being said, it is a great cigar and was my choice the day that I made the review. I couldn't have picked a better cigar to end a great day with. Definitely one of my better smoking experiences.
    The Gold or the Silver?

SFG75 Guest

The Gold or the Silver?
    Neither, the Torano 1916 cameroon.

That was a good one Bill, gotta hand it to ya.

Blog Entries

No, hex stated his OPINION, which I disagree with. Scotty is still wrong and the fact that hex states an opinion that supports Scotty's is irrelevant.

Nice try....
    Being that the manufactures ("Carlos Torano") themselves refer to the brand in question ("Exodus 1959") with out using the term Gold would make this statement a fact, not an opinion.

I move to strike the use of IMHO from my earlier post as evidence supports this statement as being factual, not opinion based.

Thread Information