Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torano Exodus 1959 torpedo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    Being that the manufactures ("Carlos Torano") themselves refer to the brand in question ("Exodus 1959") with out using the term Gold would make this statement a fact, not an opinion.

I move to strike the use of IMHO from my earlier post as evidence supports this statement as being factual, not opinion based.

Yet many, many people and retailers use the term "Gold" when talking about these cigars or call them "1959 Exodus Gold" & "1959 Exodus Silver" even though YOU are so well informed, a majority are not, just look at puff's poll.

You are probably better informed on this little bit of trivia than 99% of the rest of the informed cigar smoking public and just because you are does not mean that the 99% are wrong, it's simply the way the cigars are refered to even though you know better, many do not.

Tell ya what, I'm sure you've heard of a Jaguar XJ6 which later became an XJ8 but do you know the difference between the following XJ6/XJ8's and what production years they cover?

Series I
    Series II
    Series III
    XJ40
    X300
    X308
    X350

Now a smart ass, oh excuse me an "informed" Jaguar owner would say "Oh I have an X300" and if you say "Oh from the late 80's or the early 90's?" should I tell you you're obviously ignorant and/or uninformed because you aren't as smart as me and respond "EVERYONE knows what three years they made X300s" or should I just say "Sorry, it's more commonly referred to as a 1995 XJ6"

Or I say "I have an XJ6 Coupe" and you then ask me "Oh is it a Series I, II or III?" which to someone with even a fairly good understanding of the difference between the three Series might ask BUT anyone who REALLY knows their Jaguar "shit" knows that Series II's were made from 1973 to 1979 and XJ6 Coupes were only made in 1975 - 1977 so the question answers itself and to the astutest of Jaguar enthusiasts, is a stupid question.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 05-17-2005 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    You are probably better informed on this little bit of trivia than 99% of the rest of the informed cigar smoking public and just because you are does not mean that the 99% are wrong, it's simply the way the cigars are refered to even though you know better, many do not.

Not that I know anything about cigars. Still trying to figure out what my taste is. I just have to say something about the above quote.

When has a fact been a percentage? If Hex is better informed and is right than the others are wrong. Plain and simple.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch
    Not that I know anything about cigars. Still trying to figure out what my taste is. I just have to say something about the above quote.

When has a fact been a percentage? If Hex is better informed and is right than the others are wrong. Plain and simple.
    You're completely missing the point, he may be "right" but to many retailers and cigar smokers who aren't as well informed, many DO NOT know whether you're talking about the Gold or the Silver line when you say "I just smoked a Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus and it was great!"

I can guarantee you that quite a few people will ask "Do you mean Gold label or Silver label?"

Please refer to my Jaguar examples, they state my point rather clearly.....

I do get your point that most people think of the two as Gold and Silver and do not know that if you do not mention which label it's the gold according to the manufacture. It's those little details that can get you unless you live and breath cigars you wouldn't know all the finer points. I just taking exception to you saying that been misinformed isn't being wrong. Now I know there has been plenty of times that others and myself believed something. Then someone points out a detail that was missed making what we believed wrong even by just a bit. According to your statement what we believed wasn't really wrong. I think your playing with the grey area in order to stick it too SFG75. Because of Hex's info SFG75 review is right technically. Would it have been better to add Gold to the cigar name. For the masses yes, but it wouldn't be right.

Scotty - Get off your high horse, there Tonto... I think you're WAY out of line when you jumped on me for being in this thread because I'm backing up my fellow CP and CS friend CC. You, sir, ARE WRONG - PERIOD...

Puff did a review of a Torano 1959 Robusto... You'll never guess how he entitled the thread...

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Toro Goldline
    I would have titled it Gold or Silver line...

My association with any other member of this or any other board does not change my opinion - you should have identified it as gold or silver - PERIOD.

Just eat your crow and move on... Jeeeezzzzzz.....

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Scotty - Get off your high horse, there Tonto... I think you're WAY out of line when you jumped on me for being in this thread because I'm backing up my fellow CP and CS friend CC. You, sir, ARE WRONG - PERIOD...

Puff did a review of a Torano 1959 Robusto... You'll never guess how he entitled the thread...

I would have titled it Gold or Silver line...

My association with any other member of this or any other board does not change my opinion - you should have identified it as gold or silver - PERIOD.

Just eat your crow and move on... Jeeeezzzzzz.....

No, I wasn't wrong at all. The Torano website doesn't even include the word "gold"

http://www.toranocigars.com/cigars.asp

It just says "Torano Exodus 1959" & "Exodus silver edition"

Now I fully understand that others do make that distinction, hey, that's fine. The main point of this is that I made no mistake in titling the review whatsoever. Why?, because if I'm wrong, then the company is wrong. I suppose that you and cc would maintain that the Toranos have no idea how to properly name their cigars?

Your relationship to cc does matter, it proves that you are biased and that your opinion is heavily swayed by your association with him. You'd be saying the same thing if PB and Zac came over here and had my back in this argument. You are arguing against people who have no clue about me and who have independently made up their own minds on this thread. They haven't associated with me on other boards, thus, they are truly independent people in this dispute. I suppose you and bk could go ahead and vote in this one-but it would really not be an accurate depiction of how things truly are. For as you are members here, you are not unbiased members here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    No, I wasn't wrong at all. The Torano website doesn't even include the word "gold"

Now I fully understand that others do make that distinction, hey, that's fine. The main point of this is that I made no mistake in titling the review whatsoever. Why?, because if I'm wrong, then the company is wrong. I suppose that you and cc would maintain that the Toranos have no idea how to properly name their cigars?

Your relationship to cc does matter, it proves that you are biased and that your opinion is heavily swayed by your association with him. You'd be saying the same thing if PB and Zac came over here and had my back in this argument. You are arguing against people who have no clue about me and who have independently made up their own minds on this thread. They haven't associated with me on other boards, thus, they are truly independent people in this dispute. I suppose you and bk could go ahead and vote in this one-but it would really not be an accurate depiction of how things truly are. For as you are members here, you are not unbiased members here.
    The Torano website says one thing but many other cigar retailers list them very differently, most notably specifying "Gold" just to make sure dummies like me and the other half of the cigar world know which one's are being talked about.

Regarding the part of Scotty's post that I have in bold, Scotty, you have no right drawing a conclusion like that and you know it. The fact that we casually know each other from another board has absolutely no bearing on his opinions nad are you REALLY stupid enough to think that anyone will believe your bullshit? I mean c'mon Scotty, get a grip on reality please. Hell I know you a whole lot more than I know George and unfortunately I know you well enough to say with certainty that you are a useless POS.

Once again you are only proving to everyone here to be the true asshole that I maintain you are, please keep it up, again you only drive my point home with your shitty attitude and posts, just like on CigarPass

AnD yes, you were WRONG, just face it but again, in your little world you are never wrong now are you? You still wanna maintain you were not wrong about anything you did on CigarPass or how you mistreated people on the Island of the Misfit Toys? What I have witnessed from you over and over again is a repeated pattern of your pigheadedness and smugness and complete refusal to ever admit you might be anything less than "F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S"

SFG75 Guest

The Torano website says one thing but many other cigar retailers list them very differently, most notably specifying "Gold"
    However, that still doesn't negate the fact that I labeled the review correctly. You know how to label cigars and the Toranos do not? They are not mindful of things like confusing consumers?

Once again you are only proving to everyone here to be the true asshole that I maintain you are, please keep it up, again you only drive my point home with your shitty attitude and posts, just like on CigarPass
    Switching the topic once again in a valiant effort to not answer any of the posted questions- still looking for an answer, though I doubt you'll answer them.

AnD yes, you were WRONG, just face it but again, in your little world you are never wrong now are you?
    If I'm wrong, then the Toranos are wrong, and I doubt thats the case.

You still wanna maintain you were not wrong about anything you did on CigarPass or how you mistreated people on the Island of the Misfit Toys? What I have witnessed from you over and over again is a repeated pattern of your pigheadedness and smugness and complete refusal to ever admit you might be anything less than "F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S"
    Still trying to switch the debate when the main one can't be settled to your liking. Sorry, you won't get me on the emotional hooks of name calling and site bashing.

Blog Entries

However, that still doesn't negate the fact that I labeled the review correctly. You know how to label cigars and the Toranos do not? They are not mindful of things like confusing consumers?

Switching the topic once again in a valiant effort to not answer any of the posted questions- still looking for an answer, though I doubt you'll answer them.

If I'm wrong, then the Toranos are wrong, and I doubt thats the case.

Still trying to switch the debate when the main one can't be settled to your liking. Sorry, you won't get me on the emotional hooks of name calling and site bashing.

Answer to WHAT question? Speaking of answers to questions, you're famous for this. How many times have I asked you to back up the lies you posted when you tried to convince us all that your brother in law is the first guy to stand up and say something rather than avoid confrontation. I've asked you this on numerous occasions but you never answer the question.

Quite honestly, in all your bullshit, I'm at a loss as to what "questions" you are still looking for an answer to so please ask them again and I will answer them only after you provide examples backing up your claim that Randy IS NOT one to avoid controversy.

SFG75 Guest

Answer to WHAT question? Speaking of answers to questions, you're famous for this. How many times have I asked you to back up the lies you posted when you tried to convince us all that your brother in law is the first guy to stand up and say something rather than avoid confrontation. I've asked you this on numerous occasions but you never answer the question.

Quite honestly, in all your bullshit, I'm at a loss as to what "questions" you are still looking for an answer to so please ask them again and I will answer them only after you provide examples backing up your claim that Randy IS NOT one to avoid controversy.
    Switching the topic yet again. You know darn well that my titling of the review was correct. If a person didn't know the difference, all they had to do was ask. It's the same when one doesn't know what BOTL or ISOM means. You ask and then you pick up the lingo. At least, that's what I learned. Once again, I'm using the Torano site to reference the cigars. That is the proper usage as a descriptor for the cigar in question. Re-read Hex's posts about it, it's clear for all to see.

Blog Entries

Switching the topic yet again. You know darn well that my titling of the review was correct. If a person didn't know the difference, all they had to do was ask. It's the same when one doesn't know what BOTL or ISOM means. You ask and then you pick up the lingo. At least, that's what I learned. Once again, I'm using the Torano site to reference the cigars. That is the proper usage as a descriptor for the cigar in question. Re-read Hex's posts about it, it's clear for all to see.
    I'm not switching the topic you asshole, YOU are. You said I'm not answering your "questions" and asked you to please post exactly WHAT questions you've asked that you claim I have not answered and the fact that you posted a lie about your brother in law and when I ask you to elaborate, you completely ignore me.

Blog Entries

Let's make it simple Scotty, you posted this:
    Now for the THIRD time, I respond with:

WHAT questions?

which I will gladly answer once you give me an answer to my question as to why you misrepresented Randy by saying he'd be the first one to stand up and say something (when you put a completely damaged cigar in his pass) when I maintain that he would be the LAST person to stand up and say something because he doesn't want to start a family feud over a stupid cigar.

SFG75 Guest

I'm not switching the topic you asshole, YOU are. You said I'm not answering your "questions" and asked you to please post exactly WHAT questions you've asked that you claim I have not answered and the fact that you posted a lie about your brother in law and when I ask you to elaborate, you completely ignore me.
    Here they are Bill, from a few pages ago when you referred to me as "delusional."

here are the questions:

1.)Hex "got it." He offered to do a box-split with anyone and posted this link : http://www.caminoviejo.com/store/ca...exodus-1959.htm Take a wild guess as to which cigar he knew I was referring to. Go ahead, take a guess......

i did assume it was the gold one because thats all i knew existed.
    2.)Does Drake say that it is the gold or silver that he assumed I was talking about?

If the gold is the only one he assumed that existed, how does prove that he thought it was another cigar?

3.)Does Jaewing in his posts ever indicate that he thought I was talking about the silver?

Blog Entries

here are the questions:

1.)Hex "got it." He offered to do a box-split with anyone and posted this link : http://www.caminoviejo.com/store/ca...exodus-1959.htm Take a wild guess as to which cigar he knew I was referring to. Go ahead, take a guess......

Quote:

2.)Does Drake say that it is the gold or silver that he assumed I was talking about?

If the gold is the only one he assumed that existed, how does prove that he thought it was another cigar?

3.)Does Jaewing in his posts ever indicate that he thought I was talking about the silver?
    Again, are you going to give me an answer to my question?

You first.......

Actually no, I tell ya what, I'll address your "questions"
    1. Hex knew because he owns a small cigar retail operation that offers only a few lines of cigars where Carlos Torano is one of them. It's kind of like asking me a question about Jaguars where I will know more than 99.99% of the general population so of course he knew.
    2. Drake knew AFTER reading the thread where Hex made the distinction that you did not so this is a moot point.
    3. jaewing also knew AFTER reading the thread where Hex made the distinction so this is also a moot point.

Once again, puff's poll and other posts here show that others were also not clear on which cigar you were talking about until I pointed this out.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 05-17-2005 at 05:55 PM.

SFG75 Guest

Again, are you going to give me an answer to my question?

You first.......
    No, that is off topic, unlike my questions.

here are the questions:

Quote:

Bill, you have picked a fight with me about the Torano title of my review. Have you done so due to your efforts to educate newbies? No, everyone here knows that you and I have a history and that this is nothing more than an opportunity(albeit a very small and inconsequential opportunity among others) to try and prove a point. Rather than let folks who have questions or concerns PM me or post it publicly, you have annointed yourself to speak for others. This matter is closed Bill. The simple fact is this. My titling of the review was correct-even the poll reflects that. If anyone was confused, they could've asked. I'm done with this thread. Good evening to you.

Well, now this is interesting...

I truly WAS on the fence about who you were, Scotty... I saw the stuff going on over at CP - hardly knew you and was wondering what was going on. You seemed to be a pretty stand up guy to me - until I started seeing your bi-polar posts... Especially when you went after Rod - which is kinda like going after Hex... Rod is a pretty tolerant and laid-back site admin. I said, "Wow! What the heck was THAT!!!" Then you run to the Island - "I'll straghten this place out" - Shut down decent BOTL's - create an atmosphere of suspicion - Ban good people - issue "strikes" like some kind of home plate umpire... and build the Iron Curtain...

Then you get medieval on me with your latest post.... Trying to draw lines and make this a forum wide - choose sides kind of thread... Seems you have a bit of an anger management (and ego) problem, there - Scotty... What's next - you gonna try and become a Mod and start shutting things down here??? After all, there are "Bad" people here (like CC)

I know and chat with CC here and on other boards, true. I know and chat with others as well. I guess that makes me bad, doesn't it. BK is a nice person - I enjoy chatting with him - You would too if you knew him for who he was, not who you "think" he is - what did BK to incur your wrath. Where is the conspiracy, Scotty. Is BK another Leebo and CC robot, like me??? You gonna bring PB and Zac over to "back you up"? What the heck do you think this is - the wild, wild west??? Oh, yeah - Tombstone, AZ - right, "Sheriff" Scotty??? Where's your Tombstone avatar now...

Look at yourself in the mirror... Arguing with CC over a silver vs. gold label? Becoming venomous in your posts over telling us you didn't make a mistake about not telling us it was a gold or a silver label... What does it truly matter? How about a and call it a day

Boy, if this doesn't show your true colors, I don't know what does...

Blog Entries

No, that is off topic, unlike my questions.

here are the questions:

Bill, you have picked a fight with me about the Torano title of my review. Have you done so due to your efforts to educate newbies? No, everyone here knows that you and I have a history and that this is nothing more than an opportunity(albeit a very small and inconsequential opportunity among others) to try and prove a point. Rather than let folks who have questions or concerns PM me or post it publicly, you have annointed yourself to speak for others. This matter is closed Bill. The simple fact is this. My titling of the review was correct-even the poll reflects that. If anyone was confused, they could've asked. I'm done with this thread. Good evening to you.
    And once again, you refuse to address my question about your claim about Randy and you have said for the SECOND time you are done with this thread.

Where in the hell do you get this bullshit?
    you have annointed yourself to speak for others.

If anyone was confused, they could've asked.
    I was confused I did ask and explained many times that while you and hex "KNOW" it all with regard to the Carlos Torano line, many others do not. Pretty simple, and you couldn't help yourself with your pathetic superiority attitude and turned this whole thread into a complete mess.

My titling of the review was correct-even the poll reflects that.
    Okay, tell ya what, I'll agree with you that you were RIGHT but the Poll DOES NOT reflect that. What the poll reflects is my point that half the people DID NOT know WTF cigar you were talking about. Off the top of your head, is a 1991 Jaguar XJ6 a:
    1. Series III
    2. XJ40
    3. X308
    4. X350
    5. XBox
    6. Land Rover
    What if I told you it was a 1993 XJ6 "Vanden Plas". would that change your answer?
    (This is a trick question with more than one correct answer, see if you can indeed figure it out and explain exactly WHY, LMAO )

Again, you really should answer to the lie you posted about Randy who I maintain is one of the LAST people to want a confrontation particularly with a family member over a stupid cigar while you claim that he's the first to stand up and say something. Face it Scotty, you lied and I caught you........and you continue to refuse to respond which only proves my point that you are a liar and cannot be trusted.

This matter is closed Bill.
    LMFAO, oh just because YOU say it is? Too bad Scotty boy, you are not a moderator here and you don't get to decide that. Do you really think you DO get to decide that? Well I'll let you in on a little secret, this isn't your Junior High Social Studies Class where you get to boss people around or a cigar site that you "own" where you get to make all the rules.

Can everyone see why this asshole was a complete failure as a moderator on the Island of the Misfit Toys? The sad thing is if Zac had not made a POS like Scotty a moderator, the site would not have imploded in on itself because this is how Scotty deals with situations, you're all seeing it first hand, he's an offensive arrogant prick who is much more of a liability than as asset to any on-lin BB he chooses to involve himself with.

Again Scotty, I can't convey my gratification enough as you only strengthen and reinforce my arguments against you. For that I thank you
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 05-17-2005 at 06:27 PM.

SFG75 Guest

O.K., I'm back for a third time.

I was confused I did ask and explained many times that while you and hex "KNOW" it all with regard to the Carlos Torano line, many others do not.
    Pure bunk, you didn't ask. Here is what you posted:

(From CC's first post)
    Oh Mr. "F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S" your review might actually be useful if you had told us if the one you wrote the review on was a "Gold" or "Silver"
    There was no question here, I surely don't see the question mark. It's obvious that you were just pouncing on something that you thought was wrong. Nowhere do you state you are confused, or ask about what cigar was being reviewed. You posted in an insulting, condescending manner. You are clearly refuted on this point.

I dare anyone to prove that your first post was an honest and sincere effort to ascertain what cigar it was that I reviewed.

SFG75 Guest

Got me again Bill. What can I say? I just can't stop replying to you. You had me at hello. O.K., let's see if I can do this...where is that "ignore" feature again?....oh yeah...there it is..............

problem solved!. Now, I will PM a guy here about our successful box-split, as well as PM the two guys that I've traded with thus far over at HP.

Got me again Bill. What can I say? I just can't stop replying to you. You had me at hello. O.K., let's see if I can do this...where is that "ignore" feature again?....oh yeah...there it is..............

problem solved!. Now, I will PM a guy here about our successful box-split, as well as PM the two guys that I've traded with thus far over at HP.

Looks like I got the ignore button too...

And by the way - I'm sure the others on this board and at HP will think you are a stand up guy! Just like I did when you were over at CP. But - true to your form like you did here - it's just a matter of time before they see the REAL Scotty... Just a matter of time....
    Last edited by ggiese; 05-18-2005 at 03:42 PM.

Thread Information