Thread: CAO Gold Double Corona

1. Default CAO Gold Double Corona

My most often smoked cigar the CAO gold is probably my favorite all around smoke for the price. I find it has a very rich flavor and it's medium bodied taste is not to strong. It feels very firm but not firm enough to inhibit the draw. Speaking of the draw it is excellent, very easy and smooth. A even burn as well with none to many instances of uneveness (occasionally near the end). The wrapper has an even copper color to it with a smooth cap. The wrapper is prone to cracking though when handled to much which is the biggest detraction from this cigar. Overall I would give this cigar 4 out of 5 stars. It is a large cigar with a long burn time perfect for a lazy sunday afternoon or any day just spent relaxing.

SFG75 Guest

Never had the double corona size of the gold, but it sounds like a great smoke for a great sunday. Thanks for the review, very informative.

I just got a tin of the CAO Gold Karats and a tin of the CAO Brazilia Cariocas. I've heard good things about them and look forward to trying them. I'm really liking this handy size cigar. A lot of cigars are coming in this size now. It makes it easy for you and a freind or two to try a new cigar. They also don't require the same time dedication to smoke. I find as of lately I avoid having a smoke because I just don't have the proper time to devote to a full size corona. Some cigarillos are OK, but they are hard to get a good draw on. These help a lot by providing an enjoyable smoke in a reasonable timeframe.

Thread Information