I was in Detroit yesterday on a shopping / mailing mission and stopped in to the B&M I go to sometimes to pick up something to smoke on the way home in traffic. I'm looking around and see he's changed his stock quite a bit. He no longer carries Puros Indios or Rolys (and has probably dropped more I didn't notice), but has a bunch of other stuff I'd never seen there before, like Consuegra & Flor De Oliva bundles. He also expanded his stock of Padron, Diamond Crown, Ashton (including plenty of VSG's) and Fuentes (lots of WOA, Signature and Short Story, quite a few Anejos, etc), so needless to say I spent more time there than I had planned.

He now has the full Padron *000 line so I asked how much for a box of 2000. He said take the price of each cigar, multiply by the number of cigars in the box and subtract 15%. He said that's their box-purchase deal. Didn't seem real great to me, but it's close, no shipping, so may work out OK. He went on to tell me they have another regular deal on. Buy 5 singles, get the 6th one free (the cheapest of the 6 will be free). Buy 12, get 3 more free (same deal, the cheapest 3 will be free). I started thinking about this and thought something was skewed, so I told him I wanted to have a look around.

So, simple math in my head told me the singles deal is better than the box purchase. Here's an example of what I bought to prove it.

He had 2 part boxes of RP Missile, 9 Corojo and one Maduro, all @ $4.95 ea, not a real bad price for singles IMHO. I picked up all 10, and picked up a 5er of Padron 3000, which were the same price as the Missiles. So, I bought 12 sticks for $4.95 ea for a total of $59.40, and got the other free, which works out to $3.96 per. If I had bought a box of the 3000s, it's 25 X $4.95 = $123.75, less 15% is $105.19 for a price of $4.21 ea!! Helluva deal when you can get a bunch of singles for cheaper than a box purchase price.

While I was paying for these, I asked if that deal applied to all brands. He said yes, everything except bundles (that makes sense). I said "So if I buy 12 Ashtons, I get 3 free as long as the 3 free ones are the cheapest out of the 15?" He said "Exactly!".

So, as another example, VSG Enchantment were $10.85 ea (I think). So, I could by 12 of these for a total of $130.20, get 3 free which would bring the avg price each to $8.68 ea!!!

Note, prices and totals above DO NOT include MI State tax of 6%.

Personally, I think I've found a bit of a gem!!!!

BTW, it's real close to a USPS, so I may be able to help out someone, if you know what I mean.