Hi there,
I bought a humidor made by Adorini, and it is a small cabinet with 3 drawers. When I first opened it, it had a fairly strong smell of new wood like it has just come from the factory. I aired it for a few days but it still has a slight smell.

I have another small humidor (20 cigar capacity), which I kept my cigars in for a number of months and it smells lovely, like one should smell. I wondered if because my new one is larger (100 cigars) that it would require a lot of cigars inside for it adopt the smell of the cigars. I've put in about 15 cheapies to see if it will change, and it has got better, but when I tried one of the cheapies the other night, they tasted slightly bitter as though they had absorbed the taste of the new wood.

I'm apprehensive about putting my good cigars in incase it ruins their taste, but I can't help but think that if I stuck 25 Monte's in, the humidor would inherit the smell as the cheap ones don't seem to have much of a scent anyway.

Also, this may or may not be relevant, but the drawers that are inside the humidor, all have a black laquer finish that did have a slight smell to it. Should I keep these out for a while to let the smell wear off? The smell isn't too bad now though.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Aaron